f o r t y e i g h t: Right Here With You

I stare at the screen for what feels like hours, not being able to take my eyes off of Isabella's body crouched carefully in a tree. I wasn't expecting this in the slightest, for obvious reasons. I was expecting some huge scary dude, not the bitchy head cheerleader. I haven't really had any encounters with Isabella since Roman and she broke up, although I've always known that she hates me. I just didn't think she hated me enough to stalk and threaten me for months. Roman and I both thought that Rick was for sure behind this, but how could that be true is Isabella was the one we were seeing on my laptop screen right now? Isabella didn't even know Rick. Maybe she's just crazier than we thought and is trying to get Roman all to herself once again. 

"Do you see her too or is my mind just playing tricks on me?" I finally mumble quietly towards Roman. The tricky thing is, is that Isabella is currently watching us through my window she just doesn't know that we're watching her too. 

"Nope, I definitely see her too," Roman says breathily, in an obvious state of shock just like I am. 

"Well, what the hell are we supposed to do?" I ask slightly panicked. We need to get her to leave somehow, but how are we supposed to do that without making it obvious that we know she's there in the first place?

As if my mental questions were being answered, just then the door to my bedroom is pushed open. I let an involuntary scream erupt from my throat as I jump five feet in the air, landing halfway in Roman's lap. Roman grabs hold of me as I land on him, letting out a small grunt before he reaches out and slams the top of my laptop shut. We whip our heads to the source of whoever just entered the room, both of us letting out relieved sighs as we see my mom raise her eyebrows at us curiously. 

"Well hello to you guys too," she chuckles at our frightened states. She puts her hand on her hip as her gaze turns directly to me, the look of "what the hell is going on" etched onto her face. For all she knew Roman and I were not on speaking terms, now she walks in to see us both under the blankets of my bed intently watching something on my laptop. I don't blame her for looking suspicious. 

"Mom you scared the crap out of us!" I put my hand up to my chest, feeling the intense beating of my heart slow as I calm down. 

"Hey, Mrs. Walker," Roman utters politely. I look over to see a light blush creeping up his neck and it almost makes me giggle at how adorable he is. 

"Hello, Roman. It's nice to see you again. Where have you been lately?" My mom disregards me and now has all of her attention on Roman, eager to get answers out of him. 

"Mom he doesn't have to-"

"I've been dealing with some family stuff. Tessa's been helping me through it. You really have an amazing daughter," Roman cuts me off in the middle of my sentence, surprising me with the answer that tumbles from his mouth. 

"Awe, that's sweet. I hope everything works out with your family. If you ever need anything you are always welcome here," my mom offers kindly, her bright smile gracing her face. I take note that she's still in her work clothes but I never even heard her come in. 

"Thank you, Mrs. Walker, that means a lot,"

"Oh how many times do I have to tell you to call me Anne?" she laughs lightly. "Now Tessa," my mother once again turns her attention towards me, her blue eyes narrowed. 

"This door needs to stay opened," she points her finger at me accusingly, making me scoff. 

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry I didn't even think about it," 

My mom hums in disbelief, but she lets it go anyway. "I'm starting on dinner, Roman you are welcome to stay," is all she says before she turns and walks out, leaving the door open behind her.