f i f t y f o u r: Prom Night

Last night had felt like a dream for many different reasons. First, Roman surprised me with our own little romantic prom. It was perfect and I would never forget the way the apartment looked decorated with glowing candles and colorful streamers. Secondly, I had given myself over to him completely and I was so glad that I did. He had made me feel so wanted, loved, and cared for. Every touch of his skin on mine executed that brilliantly.

However, now I was back in reality. Roman and I had slept for around an hour last night, utterly exhausted before my mom called around 11:30 to request that I come home. I reluctantly obliged, knowing she would never let me sleepover at Roman's, especially without adult supervision. Roman had woken up to the sound of my phone ringing, pulling me even closer to his warm and naked body as I answered my mom. My cheeks flared red as he peppered kisses down my chest, making it almost impossible to answer my mom's questions. I was able to manage though, and I heard enough to know that she wanted me home. 

After getting dressed (which Roman kept objecting to) I made my way home. Roman had kissed me goodbye, effectively creating a swarm of butterflies in my stomach as my mind flashbacked to how his skin had molded with mine only two hours previously. 

Now it was four o'clock on Saturday afternoon, also known as prom day. While the excitement from last night was still lingering somewhere in my subconscious, my mind was much more occupied with creating the many different scenarios of how tonight could end up playing out. 

The plan was relatively simple. 

Well, as simple as busting the drug front of your boyfriend's crazy adoptive father could be. 

Roman was going to pick me up at around six from my house, where my mom would take billions of pictures most likely. From there we would meet Gemma and Darren for dinner at a cute little Italian restaurant. This wasn't a part of the original plan, but when Gemma invited us I couldn't think of a single good excuse that she would believe. However, Roman didn't think going to dinner for an hour would hinder us, so I told her we would meet her and Darren there. After dinner, we would all then head to the hotel that prom was being held at. While there, Roman and I will make sure to make many rounds of the ballroom and maybe even dance for a couple of minutes in attempts to get everyone to notice our presence. 

After about thirty minutes of actually being at prom, it would be time to go, heading towards the warehouse instead. I left black clothes at Roman's apartment that he stowed in his car because a red gown would obviously be much too obvious for a drug bust. Then, once we arrive at the warehouse, we get video footage of Rick and his goons entering or exiting the warehouse. 

This footage would then be sent via text message to Nicholas. 

After Nicholas helped us escape Rick the last time we were at the warehouse, he wouldn't stop asking Roman questions about what the hell happened. At first, Roman kept ignoring him or changing the subject. But after a while, he began to realize that we may need a little extra assistance and Nicholas is pretty trustworthy. So, he told Nicholas everything. 

Nicholas agreed to help us in any way he can, which then led him to secure his spot in the plan. 

The video footage Roman and I catch and send to Nicholas will be our ticket of freedom with the police. Nicholas will be staked out at the police station, and once we send him the video he'll turn it in to the police who will then hopefully show up and take Rick down once and for all. 

Obviously, there were many things that could go wrong but this plan is the closest we've ever been to stopping Rick. 

My nerves and anxiety about the whole thing were at astronomical levels, but I knew I needed to stay strong. If Roman realizes just how nervous I am about the whole thing, he may just call it all off. That would be one of the worst-case scenarios.