Introduction

Michael’s P.O.V

October 2014

My band, 5 Seconds of Summer, had just finished opening for One Direction on their stadium tour. We had just been on a long tour, playing stadiums that hold 50,000 plus people a night.

I was having the time of my life.

I was playing in iconic places, girls were throwing themselves at me, there was free alcohol & star treatment.

It was every 18 year old’s dream, I mean I couldn’t have dreamed this life even if I tried. What I was living was beyond my wildest imagination. It fucking rocked.

My band however, felt differently about my choice of lifestyle.

They claimed that over the past few months I “lost myself”.

Bullshit.

I was just taking advantage of the life we were living. Why is that so wrong? If someone is throwing themselves at you, if alcohol is handed to you or if someone is insisting on waiting on you, then you take it. Duh.

Anyway, the tour ended & we were on our way to the airport to fly down to Mexico where we were doing two small shows before we flew back to Sydney for a break.

"So what time is the flight?" I asked Ashton, he always had this type of thing organized.

"Uhm ours is at 6:00, yours is at 5:00 tonight."

"What the fuck? Why is mine at 5:00? Why am I not flying with you?"

"Because you’re not going to Mexico." Luke spat at me. He was always a dick.

"What the fuck, Luke?"

"Dude, we don’t know what the hell has gotten into you these past few months but you need a reality check. You’ve been with so many girls, you’re drinking more than you should, you’re ignoring fans. Michael, you’re out of control & you need to stop smoking, you’re going to ruin your voice!" Calum told me. "We’re rescheduling the Mexico shows because honestly we can’t take you anymore. The shows wouldn’t even be worth it. The fans will know somethings up when we suck on stage. You’re forgetting why we started this band in the first place."

"I haven’t forgotten why we started this band! Hell, I’m the one who started the band! You’d be nothing without me!"

"But you’re rude to our crew & tour team, you show up late to really important writing sessions & meetings. You’re not even interacting with the fans anymore. We just thought it was best that you take some time to get away from this lifestyle." Ashton told me. "We’re putting out a statement to cancel the Mexico shows & we’re going back to Sydney for a bit but you aren’t."

"What about my family? Where the fuck am I going?"

"They agreed. They see the tabloids & read the stories, Michael. They want the old Michael back too.." Luke said to me. He was still a dick.

"What are you going to do without me? You need me!"

"We can manage. There won’t even be a band anymore unless you change." Calum said.

"Fuck you guys. Where am I even going? Can you just tell me?"

"It’s a place in New York, it’s called Lake Placid." Ashton explained.

"Sounds fucking lame. Why can’t I be in New York City? If you’re sending me to New York, at least send me to the city."

"That’s the life you need a break from. It’s a relaxing town, we have a cabin rented out for you, just pay the rent every month while you’re there. You can come back once you remember who you are." Which no other than dick Luke said to me.

"Can you like shut the fuck up for once? You can’t tell me not to come home until I remember who I am. I’m Michael fucking Clifford. That’s who I am. Sorry you don’t like who I am anymore but I’m not changing. I’m fine with who I am. If you’re not, that would be your problem, not mine."

We pulled up to the airport & unloaded our things from the van.

They guys put my things on a different cart than theirs & Ashton handed me my ticket.

"Here’s the ticket. You board over that way. This is the way for international flights." He pointed to the way that Luke & Calum were walking. "Michael, I promise we aren’t doing this because we hate you. We’re just worried. I don’t want this band to flop after everything we worked for. Just try it for a week even, okay? Please? There should be a car waiting for you once you land, it’ll take you to the cabin."

"Ashton, I kind of hate you right now. I actually hate all of you right now."

"I understand, hate me all you want. Just try this for awhile."

"Fine. Maybe some time away from you three would be a good thing. I’m sick of Luke anyway."

"Hey, take it easy on the kid. He looks up to you & you treat him like shit."

"He deserves it."

"I got you this journal, it might help if you write about everything."

"Sure, whatever. Wait this ticket home is for December 20th. You want me to spend two months there?"

"80 days…starting now. See ya, Mike."

& then Ashton pushed me away, towards my flight.

I grabbed my luggage cart & turned away from my friends.

I didn’t give them hugs, I didn’t say bye.

I didn’t even know if I considered them friends right now.

But now I’m on a flight headed to probably the middle of nowhere to “remember who I am”

God but I knew who I was, I was Michael Clifford.

-

A/N so this is like the introduction to set the plot. obviously michael is a dick in this story who let fame get to him so his friends send him off to like nature to figure out who he is. just follow it for now, obviously this is just the intro so not much happens. thanks :) i hope you like it.

& dedocated to em & imogen because faded was amazing & now flagrant is fabulous.