Chapter 38

Making Amends 

Michael's P.O.V

"Can we interrupt?" Calum asked, walking outside by Shay & I. Luke was with him, no Ashton though...I figured.

"Yea, for sure." I said, turning around & taking a seat on one of the couches outside.

"I can go inside if you guys want." Shay said to me.

"No, it's okay." Luke said. "You can stay."

"Yea, stay Shay." I told her patting the seat next to me.

"You sure?"

Calum & Luke nodded so she came over by me.

I sat with Shay on the couch, Luke & Calum sitting on chairs across from us.

"Uhm I guess I can start. Thanks for the note Michael, it means a lot." Luke said. "So I'm not that big of a dick, huh?"

"No, not really. I guess I was just never honest how jealous I was of you. You are such a talented guy & I hated it. Like you're younger than me & you are such an amazing musician & I hated that you were pinned as the front man but you deserve it."

"There's no need to be jealous. We're all just as important in this band & regardless if people call me the front man or not. & I don't think I'm one."

"Okay but still, I treated you like shit for no reason. I treated all of you like shit for no reason a lot of the time."

"Yea, I won't lie, you did." Calum laughed. At least he saw comedy in this. "But I'm with Luke, the note means a lot. I think you made a change, it's good to see. This is the guy we missed."

"I just totally let it get to my head." I started. "I started music because of you guys. Like obviously I wouldn't be where I am without you guys, the dream never would have come true if it weren't for you guys. Like it's the only talent I have, the only passion I have. I don't know why I let it get to me. I just felt like I was better than so many people & entitled to everything but that's so wrong. I screwed myself over so bad, I ruined relationships, friendships & I gave myself the worst reputation. All you guys did was try to keep me grounded & I didn't care. I was just so wrong. I can never apologize enough."

"I forgive ya, you'll always be my brother." Calum said. That meant a lot. "I missed you a lot anyway, no one to even come close to a challenge on fifa once you left."

"Hey, I almost beat you!" Luke yelled back.

"It's better to play Mikey, no offense. But I'm glad you're back."

"Same. As long as I'm not the pun to any more of your jokes or the main insult then I'm good." Luke joked.

So Luke & Calum seemed to have forgiven me but Ashton wasn't even there to hear me out.

"& what about Ashton?" I asked.

"He's inside. He talked to us a little bit, I guess I see where he's coming from." Luke told me.

"So I should go talk to him?" I hesitantly asked.

"Yea." Calum nodded. "Definitely go."

"Do you think I should, Shay?"

"Mhm. I do. Go talk to him." Shay basically pushed me from my chair.

"We'll hang with Shay & maybe try to get some new dirt on ya." Calum joked.

Shay smiled so I knew she was fine sitting with Calum & Luke for a bit. I really did need to talk to Ash.

I walked inside & looked around for him until I heard music coming from his room.