Chapter 11

Kisses & Marshmallows

Michael's P.O.V

Laying in bed with Shay in this way was something I honestly have never experienced before. I had my arm around her, I was holding her in, our foreheads were pressed, our noses touching. She looked so cuddly with pj's on & wrapped in the blanket.

I couldn't help it. I had to kiss her. I had to.

"Shay, can I kiss you?" I whispered with our lips just centimeters apart.

She didn't answer, instead she just tilted her head & pressed her lips to mine, closing off that final distance.

Our first kiss was just that. It was sweet, just a simple kiss. Our lips were touching & that's all I wanted in the moment. The simplest kiss.

Once I pulled away, Shay dug her head into my chest & I wrapped my arms around her, pulling her in tighter.

We laid like that for a minute without talking. I think we were both processing & thinking about the kiss. I know I had a smile on my face thinking about it. Then Shay lifted her head & looked up at me.

"Michael?"

"Mhm?"

"Can you kiss me again?"

I pulled Shay over so she was now laying on top of me & then I kissed her again. I let my hands rest on her lower back as hers were on my cheeks, before she began running her fingers through my hair.

As we kissed, the innocence of a simple kiss disappeared. My tongue had slipped into Shay's mouth & not too long after that, she had my lip between her teeth. I could tell this kiss was long overdue, you could just sense the hunger we both that, the anticipation we both shared before this type of kiss happened.

We made out for a few minutes, just getting to know each other's bodies, feel each other's lips & sharing many kisses.

Her lips were so soft & they fit right with mine. She let me dominate which I appreciated as well, that was the role I liked. Shay followed me lead, my cues.

After a few minutes passed, we finally pulled away, both of us left a bit breathless. She pressed her forehead against mine once again & just took a few breaths, I mean we were both trying to catch our breath still.

"Thanks." She said with a giggle. "Should I say thank you? Was the awkward?"

"Nah. Anytime." I laughed back before Shay rolled off of me & laid back in my side, using my chest as her pillow. "You don't have to ask either, just kiss away."

"I'll remember that." She laughed.

I liked how often Shay laughed, she wasn't so serious all the time, it was nice. Even with the shit she's been through, she wasn't always serious. She lightened any mood.

While she laid in my arms, our fingers connected & I rubbed circles on the back of her hand with my thumb before I could tell she was drifting off to sleep.

I kissed the top of her had before I went to sleep myself. It was one of the most peaceful sleeps I've had in a long time.

I woke up the next morning when I felt Shay sneak back into bed, she must have used the bathroom or something & then she got back into bed, crawling next to me.

I felt her move in so I wrapped my arm around her.

"Morning." I managed to say, my eyes still closed.

"Hi Michael." Shay said, kissing my cheek & then laying her head down next to mine. I turned so I could look at her.

"Sleep well?" I asked.