Chapter 17

I Want To Take Your Pain Away

A/N Hi, short authors note in the beginning just to warn you this could be a triggering chapter in regards to sexual assault so I just wanted to let you all know. There will be another note at the end talking more about it but yea. & sorry for the five day break, I was on vacation but now I'll be back to every other day updates for the most part!

Michael's P.O.V

Shay & I were making out before we went to sleep, something we normally did, but out of nowhere, it all went south.

I was kissing her neck, like usual because that's one of my favorite spots to kiss. Shay had lifted my shirt off, which she hadn't before but I felt like it was a decent step to take & I didn't push it any further. At that time, removing my shirt felt like the right thing but nothing else.

Out of nowhere, I could feel her tense up so I first assumed that what I had previously told myself was right, just to not push anything else, but then she screamed, kicking me off of her.

Within a second, Shay had broken out into a hysterical cry, running into the bathroom.

It didn't even take me a second to follow her

The door wasn't locked so I knocked lightly & I let myself in. She would have likely told me to stay out but what kind of boyfriend would I be if I let her deal with whatever this was, alone.

Shay was sitting on the floor, knees to her chest just rocking bath & forth as tears poured out of her eyes. It seemed like she was trying to keep herself calm but in my eyes, she was past that.

I had no idea what happened.

I walked in & sat next to her.I put my arm on her leg but she quickly moved her leg, shoving my hand off. She didn't want to be touched. I still had to comfort her somehow though. 

"Shay, baby, what happened?"

She wouldn't talk.

I sat on the ground next to her for a minute or two, thinking of what to do since I couldn't touch her because all I wanted to do was squeeze her tight & tell her everything would be alright.

"Shay, I'm here for you." I said, without trying to touch her this time. "What's going on?"

"I never wanted it Michael." Shay whispered, her voice very frail. 

"Wanted what babe? What we did tonight?"

"No. I never wanted it before."

Shay was a wreck, like tears stained down her face. She was shaking & having trouble breathing. I had to calm her down before we talked about this.

"Shay, breathe for me. Focus on that for a second, okay? Breathe. In & out."

I tried to get her to steady her breathing before she finally was able to take a true breath.

Then she threw her hands around my neck & I don't think anyone has ever held me so tight. Once she hugged me, you sure bet I hugged her back.

"It's okay baby, I'm here. I promise I'm right here." I said, rubbing her back. "I'm not going anywhere, Shay." 

"Don't let go." She whispered.

"I'm not, I won't. I'm right here."

I held her for awhile before I think she was out of tears.

"Do you want to talk or no?" I asked her, trying to dry the tears that were on her cheeks.

"We can talk."