Chapter 33

A/N I doubled updated so make sure you read the previous chapter first!!!!!!!

Together & Happy

Shay's P.O.V

I was kind of mortified after the little incident with Michael. I honestly was so ready, excited even, to have sex with him & it was going so well, it was hot. But I let the thoughts creep in & I had to stop. The way Michael handled it just gave me another reason to add to the list as to why I was falling for him. I don't know how many horny, currently turned-on guys who would just stop having sex to comfort their crying girlfriend. He was a special guy.

Anyway, we only had a week left in the house before we were going back to NYC for a few days before our flight to Sydney. I decided I was ready to stop hiding at the lake house, I wanted to try living back in society again, so after my trip with Michael to Australia for Christmas, I was going back to NYC. But that meant that before we flew out to Sydney, he was going to have to help me pack my things from this house & move them back in with my parents & then I had to pack for Sydney on top of that. All I had at this house was jeans & sweaters but I'd need summer clothes for my Christmas with him. So basically we had a week left in this house together, a night or two with my parents & then we'd be Sydney bound.

-

"Shay, put on your jacket. We're going for a walk." Michael told me as I was reading a book to pass the afternoon.

"Where are we going?" 

"It's a surprise. Dress warm. C'mon!" He seemed excited & I had absolutely no idea where he was taking me. But I was up for an adventure so I listened to his orders & put on my winter coat, hat, gloves & everything else.

Once outside, we started walking a path around the lake, back to where he used to live.

"Why are we by your old place?"

"You'll see babe, c'mon."

& then we walked up the path that passed behind his house which led back out to the ledge that we first met on. The memories there were still so vivid. I was just sitting on the ledge when I heard someone approach me & I never would have guessed I'd be where I am today with Michael.

"This is where we first met." I smiled.

"It is. You came up here quite often if I remember correctly."

"It's my favorite place on the lake. Why are we here?"

"I'll explain. Do you remember that one day when we went exploring & you showed me those initials in the tree that you watched a couple carve?"

"Yea..."

"I thought we could do the same." & then Michael pulled out a pocket knife. "But I thought this tree was more suitable since this is your favorite spot & it's where we met. But only if you want to."

"Michael, that's honestly so cute. Of course I want to."

"I was hoping you would. Come on."

So we walked to the tree  & Michael carved a heart first before putting in S.P +...

"Wait, I want to carve yours." I smiled, taking the knife from him & carving a M.C.

We took a few pictures of the heart & then a selfie of us with the heart along with the date 12/12/14.

"Who knows, someone may be watching us do this right now just like how you watched the other couple."

"Who knows. Or someone will find this years from now & wonder what the hell S.P & M.C are up to."