Chapter 50

"Don't you guys want me happy?"

Michael's P.O.V

I loved being back in the studio to write & record. We had been going in pairs to write but today we were finally recording as all four of us & I invited Shay to come, it'd be her first time in the studio & I thought this was the perfect day to come along. I also didn't want to leave her alone at the apartment either, I wanted to spend time with her!

A car drove us to the studio because that's usually safer & luckily there weren't any fans waiting outside in the morning when we arrived since admittedly it was a bit early & it was our first time at this specific studio so no one knew to wait for us. It was nice to walk inside without having to worry about people yelling at us. I love my fans but I don't like screaming in the morning.

The day at the studio was honestly so much fun. I usually get nervous singing in the booth alone, like for solos, but today, I just had more confidence than ever since I was singing to Shay of course. Ashton recorded a drum part which is always cool to watch because he's insane on the drum kit & then Calum & I did some harmonies for a new track.

I explained to Shay how the recording process works & like how it's edited together & all of the parts that go into it. She honestly did seem interested. 

We spent the entire day at the studio. We had food ordered to the building for lunch so we didn't have to leave the building since our fans are detectives & they found out where we were at so there was now a crowd growing outside.

Once we finished everything, it was time to head out.

One of the people from our label was with us & she said she went outside to talk to the fans & they said they'd be respectful if we came out to meet them once we were finished so we did just that.

I wanted to meet some fans, I hadn't in awhile besides for the usual that wait outside our apartment so I figured why not go say hi.

"Where do you want me to wait?" Shay asked, as we walked outside. I knew she wouldn't want to come by the fans & I wasn't sure I wanted her to either, it was too soon for that.

The studio had a had a fence around the parking pavement so we were still protected but the gate was see through so fans were screaming like crazy since we were finally outside after being trapped all day.

"Well be out in a second, guys!" Ashton screamed at them, waving. 

"Uhm you can wait right back here." I told Shay. That way I could still keep my eye on her but she wasn't in the crowd of fans.

"Okay. I'll be here."

For a few minutes, I took selfie after selfie with the fans. I signed a lot of phone cases & cd covers along with my band mates as well. We answered a few questions too, like how soon we'd have new music out & the hint that there would be a tour announcement coming up.

"Is that your girlfriend?" One fan asked me, pointing to Shay who was talking to the lady from our label.

"Yep, that's her. That's Shay."

"Oh." The fan seemed disappointed & I didn't know how to respond so I just signed her cd & moved on.

Once it was time to wrap up, the fans started screaming again. They honestly had been a respectful crows up until that point. Some of the ones in the back never got a chance to meet us, & I felt bad, but we don't have all the time in the world & we were tired from recording all day so it was just time to head back home.

Our car came to pick us up & I walked back to grab Shay's hand before walking with her to the car. I knew she'd want me to walk with her, just because we had to pass the fans, so I walked back by her.