Chapter 59

"This is where I met Shay."

Shay's P.O.V

After leaving Michael three weeks ago in London, the guys were finally back in the states for a tour. Luckily, one of the first stops was in New York so obviously I went to the show & we reconnected there.

After the show, instead of heading to their hotel, everyone gathered in my car because I was driving us to the lake house in Lake Placid for a short trip. The boys only had one day off & so we decided to do the drive at night, instead of waking up early & doing it tomorrow, because we didn't want to waste some of their day off in the car & likely none of us would want to wake up early anyway.

My mom bought some food for me to bring to the house for our stay since no one has been at the house since Michael & I left it months ago.

"Is Shay a good driver?" Luke asked as we all piled into my car.

"Yea Luke, I am. You're safe."

"I'm just checking."

"I'm really excited to see this house that changed Michael's life!" Ashton said I started driving & we were on our way.

"It's the best." Michael said to him. "It's honestly my favorite place."

"How far away is it?" Calum asked.

"Like four hours."

"What?!" He yelled back at me. "I can't believe it! I'm stuck in the middle seat for four hours!?"

"Go ahead & sleep, it'll pass the time." I said. "You guys just put on a show, feel free to crash."

"No, I don't want you to do the drive alone." Michael smiled at me from the passenger seat. "They can sleep but I'll stay up. I missed you too much."

I could hear Luke in the back seat making a gagging noise. "Maybe I will sleep so I don't have to deal with the lovebirds in the front seat."

"I'm so mad I got the middle seat though!" Calum pouted. "This isn't fair! I'm stuck between the lankiest man on the planet & another who has like the biggest biceps. There is no room back here!"

"Shut up!" I yelled in the back at Calum. "You guys are worse than three year olds."

"I'm being good." Ashton joked. "I haven't done anything wrong yet."

& so the four hour drive continued. An hour in, Luke was asleep with his head against the window, Calum was asleep with his head on Luke's shoulder & Ashton had his head on Calum's shoulder, except he was just listening to music, he wasn't asleep.

Michael & I talked the entire drive, just quiet talk. It was oddly calming, driving the empty highways in the dark, the guys asleep in the backseat & Michael next to me.

Once we were back in town, Michael just smiled.

"I can't believe I'm back."

& then I drove through the trees to our lake house & I purposely slammed on the brakes to wake up Luke & Calum.

"What the fuck?" Luke said.

"We're here."

"That was four hours?!" Calum said in shock.

"I told you sleeping will pass the time. C'mon, get out! This is my house!"

The boys helped me carry in the few bags of food my mom had gotten for us & we all carried in our bags with our clothes in it too.

I had to do all of the things on my dad's list, like changing the temperature of the heater, plugging certain things back in, checking to make sure nothing had happened to the house while we were away & while I did that, Michael was giving the boys a tour.