Chapter 23

8th Floor

Michael's P.O.V

When I saw Ashton's name come up on my phone, I had no idea what to think.

I knew he wouldn't call if this wasn't serious or important. Like he wanted me to take this time away from everyone so for him to call, it had to be big.

I was still hesitant though.

"Hey...Ash?"

"Hi Michael. We need to talk."

Ashton's voice was so stern, I knew this wasn't good so I left the coffee shop just so Shay wouldn't hear the conversation.

"Gimme a second..." I said as I walked outside of the shop. It was freezing outside but I could manage the weather for the duration of the conversation. "Okay, what's up Ash?"

"Why the hell did the renter just inform me that the stay has ended & then thank me for renting?"

Ashton was the one who set up the house for me, I just had to give the payments each month to the renter but Ashton was the one who scheduled it, who knew the amounts & he was also the first contact on the contract. I should have known Ashton would have found out about this. Maybe I should have just paid the rent anyway but still lived with Shay? I could manage to just throw a bit of money away of it meant I could keep living my life here.

"I moved out."

"Michael! This isn't the deal!"

"Dude, chill. I'm staying here until December, I promise. I'm just moving somewhere else."

"& where the hell is that? Where are you staying now? Please don't tell me you moved to NYC because the lake was too boring."

"No, I'm still int he same city. I just moved in with a friend."

"I swear is this friend is a female-."

"Ashton, relax. She's a great girl, her family owns the house here & I promise I can explain it once I come home next month. I am working on myself, I really am. I think you'll be happy once I'm back, I'm finding myself again."

"Really Michael? That sounds like bullshit to me. I think you just found yourself a little friends with benefits while there & you're just taking advantage of a poor girl. You're never going to change, are you?"

"Ashton, I am changing! I am! I know I was a dick before & I-"

"& what? You're a new man. She's changed you? That's pathetic Michael. All we did was want you to spend some time alone & remember the guy who started this band but maybe it's too late. I don't need to have this talk right now. See you next month."

& then the line went dead.

Why didn't he trust that I was doing okay here? I mean to be fair, I'm not surprised that he doesn't trust me with a girl but I wish he would.

This was just more to prove wrong once I see them next month.

"Everything okay?" Shay asked once I sat back down.

"Uhm yea, it is. He was just checking to make sure I was still alive & to see how my birthday went."

"Awh, that's sweet. Does he miss you?"

I just nodded but I didn't even know if he did. 

33 days left-

 Shay & I are leaving tomorrow to head to NYC for Thanksgiving. I'm excited to meet her family but I have absolutely no idea what to expect. I know her relationship with her parents is a little off right now but hopefully it's not too bad. I hate awkward situations. Anyway, Ashton called me tonight. I think he's even more mad at me now than he was when I left to come here. I wish he'd trust me when I say that I am honestly finding myself here, I do remember why I started this band & I appreciate that they sent me here. I guess I'll just  have to wait until I see him next month to show the change I've made because I really am changing.