Chapter 7

Toasty

Michael's P.O.V

"Do you want me to sleepover, is that what you’re asking?" Shay asked with a smirk.

"I guess I do, yea. Would you sleepover, Shay?

"I don't see why not."

"Yay, sleepover!" I screamed before I jumped off the couch & threw a pillow at Shay. "Want to watch a movie? I can make popcorn!" I asked, very excitedly. I was so excited. Can you tell?

"Uhm, duh. It wouldn't be a sleepover without popcorn."

I then turned on the t.v & went to the on demand screen. "Here, pick one." I said to Shay, tossing the remote at her.

"What kind of movie are you in the mood for?"

"Doesn't matter, just no like sad movies, okay?"

"Agreed...hmm..." & Shay spent a minute or two scrolling through the movies before finding one. "Should we go classic & watch Anchorman?"

"Yes! That's a band favorite." I was missing the guys so watching one of our favorite movies seemed like a good idea.

I went into the kitchen to pop the popcorn before sitting on the couch next so Shay. She was already wrapped up in a blanket on the big chair so I sat on the end of the couch next to her chair, with the popcorn on the side table in between us.

The first half of the movie we just ate, laughed & quoted the lines. It was honestly the most fun I've had since arriving at this cabin though, it seriously was. I laughed more in an hour than I had the past two weeks of being here. I laughed more in the past hour than I had in the past few months of being a shitty rock star.

Later into the movie, Shay curled up even more under her blanket & I could tell she was getting tired. Every once in awhile, I'd look over at her though, there was just something about her I couldn't get enough of. I loved how adorable she looked all snuggled under my blanket.

I was a little tired too & as the movie went on, I had laid down on the couch.

"Hey, Michael?"

"Yea?"

"I'm cold, can I come lay with you?"

What?!

"O-of course, Shay, c'mon."

I was nervous all of the sudden!

Then Shay sat up off of the chair, still wrapped in the blanket & then came over & laid on the couch beside me, the back of her head pressed against my chest. I wrapped my arm over her, so she couldn't roll off the couch & she used my other arm has her pillow as we both went back to watching the movie.

"Warmer?"

"Yea, thanks."

But I couldn't focus on the movie. All I could so was focus on Shay.

She fit right with me on the couch, our bodies perfectly together. It was so cliche  to say that your body fits in with another's but now I understand what that means. We fit together. She was so cuddly & she even just smelled cute. Can you smell cute? Because Shay does. 

When the movie ended, I noticed that Shay's eyes were closed. She fell asleep.

I laid with her a little while longer, just kind of watching as she slept, but not in a creepy way, totally out of admiration while listening to the rain fall outside.

About a half hour after the movie ended, she woke up.

"Sorry, I feel asleep."

"No worries, Shay. You looked tired."