Chapter 2

More Cliches 

Michael's P.O.V

I had been at this cabin for a week so far & I was beginning to run out of the food that was in the house when I arrived so I went down to the town & found a grocery store to buy some items. I was teaching myself how to cook...that was helping pass the time. I decided I had nothing better to do so why not spend the day cooking something. If it sucked, no one had to know. I wasn't cooking for anyone. There was always frozen pizza if what I made was a fail.

While in town, I went to just a little diner for lunch, I figured I could eat something decent & use their wifi to catch up on what I missed as far as what was being said about me in the media.

I googled my name & read some articles that said I went to rehab or that I quit the band. Everything had a "no comment" response from my management team so the truth wasn't out as to why I was really here but I didn't even understand why I was. I was forced here. 

In the past, I'd normally tweet something & joke I was still alive or something but I kind of stopped using twitter a few months ago, it just got annoying. The other three do & our band account still updates through twitter but I didn't need mine. It's not like I really talked to the fans anyway on it, who cares if I follow them or not, I'd never read their tweets. I just got thousands of annoying messages or tweets asking me things that I didn't want to answer. Who wants to read a screen full of 'follow me Michael!' like no, I don't want to follow you annoying shits.

I looked at my band members twitters though & they were all posting how excited they were to be back home, how happy they were with their family reunions...why wasn't I able to see my family? It's those three shits fault I wasn't home with my parents right now. I did miss my parents. Even though we had grown apart over the past year or so, they still mean a lot to me & I hadn't seen them in like five months. I could use a mom hug...but instead I was in the middle of a forest, pretty much alone.

They wanted me to come here to remember who I was but I was just going crazy instead. I knew who I was so I honestly think my time here is pointless. I knew who I was as Michael Clifford. I was fine with who I was, isn't that what was important?

I decided I'd try texting Ashton, I didn't know what time it was in Australia but I needed to try something.

Michael-

 I hate it here. I want to come home. Can we exchange my ticket for one sooner? This place sucks. It's cold, lonely, there's no wifi. You literally forced me into hell. Thanks friend.

He never answered.

After I ate & read enough articles speculating about where I was, I started walking the town just to see what else there was...but there wasn't much. It was all like antiques or old people stores. Cool. 

There was a decent music store though so at least the town had that going for it.

After my adventure in town, I went back to my cabin for awhile & just listened to some of the music I bought that afternoon.

I glanced up at the window because I saw something moving outside & then I saw Shay walking down the path so I ran outside onto my back porch. I guess that was a positive about a small town, I'd see her around a lot.

"Hey Shay!"

She turned to look at me & waved. Then I waved my arm so she'd come over & she walked towards me.

"Hi Michael."

"Whatcha up to?"

"I was just walking home. What about you?"