Chapter 15

Will Smith, 42 & Dark Purple

Shay's P.O.V

It had been a day or two after Michael told me about his insecurities with his spot in the band. I hated seeing him upset, like Michael had cried in front of me before I have cried in front of him. I was glad he was able to open up though, it meant a lot that he trusted me enough to show that vulnerable side.

We had been together almost a month now I think & I was really falling for him. I knew he felt similar back but there was still a small part of me that wasn't sure how long we'd last once he left this place because then we would be lived on other ends of the world & how was I suppose to know how to handle a relationship like that?

We had gone on a walk around the lake & ended up on a random dock out over the water.

"Do you like Will Smith?" Michael randomly asked me.

"I guess so, yea. Why?"

"Because our band is kind of obsessed with him."

"For real?"

"Yea, for real. I don't know why but all four of us love that man. His name gets mixed into our lyrics sometimes, we say he's our celebrity crush & I dunno, we just love him. Our band has a consensus that he's the greatest person alive."

"I mean I loved Fresh Prince but I'm probably not as obsessed as you guys are. Why do you ask?"

"I was just wondering. You kind of need to like Will Smith in order to hang out with us."

"You think I'll ever meet your band members?" I asked him.

"Duh. I sure hope you do. I think they'd just adore you. They need to meet my girlfriend eventually, right?"

"Yea. I just didn't know like once you leave here when I'd see you next & yea..."

"Shay, I'm serious about you & I don't see short term, okay? So of course I'd want them to meet you. I want you to come visit Sydney & tour with us & everything. I want you with me."

"That makes me feel better." I honestly did believe what Michael was saying.

"Good."

& then Michael kissed the top of my head & wrapped his arm around me, pulling me into his chest.

"What's your favorite number?" He then asked.

"What's with the random questions?"

"I don't know, just things I don't know about you yet."

I shrugged my shoulders, why not share random facts.

"Well then Michael, I think my favorite number is 42 but my lucky number has always been 5."

"Is there a difference?"

"Yep. I like 42 but lucky things happen to me on the 5th day or like the 5th month or in 5's. I can't explain it."

"I mean it's also in my band name so that must mean something." He laughed.

"Definitely. What about you then?"

"Well, I don't have a favorite & a lucky number like you do but I like 4."

"Why that number?"

"It's the amount of people in my band."

"That's cute." I told him.

"Is it cute?"

"Mhm." I found it adorable that his favorite number was the amount of band members.