Chapter Twenty One - I Dream of You

Author's Note; A lot of writers offer smut warnings.  So here is one.  I don't know if it really needs it, for a sex scene it's fairly mild.  And if the 16/18+ and the b x b warnings in the title description were not enough then I'm not sure what is.

A warm, sated feeling washed over him like water from a soothing bath and a bubble of laughter rose from his throat and passed his lips.  This was not the first time this had happened, so the broad chested man that hovered above him simply smiled.  For some reason, he could not quite see the face of that man, but he could feel the warmth his body produced and the light sheen of sweat that coated his skin.  He felt full in a place that he normally would have considered untouchable, but it did not feel wrong.

The notion came to him that when that place first was pierced, there was a lot of pain and little pleasure, but that was nothing but a mere memory and disappeared once more like smoke in a breeze as the hot thing which filled him stirred once more.  A murmur of delight slipped from his mouth, which also became filled with an exploring tongue.  The man a top him began to move and he couldn't stop the soft cries that spilled into his lovers mouth.  Fingers smeared his previously spilt seed over his stomach before trailing upwards towards his erect buds.  Electric shocks bolted from the tender skin to already awakened nerves before centring at one place, which hardened proving his arousal.

The men tangled for a time, before reaching another climax and falling into a deep slumber.

When he came too, his eyes were gritty and his throat sore and he lamented that he could still not see his lovers face.  The man left him to rest and he instantly missed him, but felt that he would shortly see him soon, a few hours, after all, was not so much.  But he soon found that he was wrong as a sudden agonising pain filled chest and he felt his soul loosen from his body, a sensation he was all too familiar with.  No! He cried.  I don't want to die!  I don't want to leave him!  But his panicked thoughts went unheard and an unfamiliar darkness descended upon him.

I didn't even get to say 'goodbye'.

****

While Nellie was a blunt girl and had a challenging personality at times, it did not mean she was insensitive, she could tell that her brother was feeling out of sorts this day.  His small smiles failed to reach his pale eyes and his already white skin seemed impossibly colourless.  Not even the attraction of the noon market, which he had promised to take her too, could pull him from this depression.

"Brother, what is wrong?" She finally asked as he said not a word when she placed yet another hat box into his already full arms.

He blinked as if noticing that he was accompanying her shopping for the first time that day.  He glanced about him, feeling the warmth of the sun on his skin and the ache in his burdened arms.  All about him, men were yelling and women were bartering and children were weaving in and about the crowds with loud laughter.  Nothing seemed unusual about this, so why did his heart insist that something was amiss? 

Nellie tugged in his sleeve and repeated her question.  "Nothing," he answered, finally.  "Nothing is wrong."  He offered once more one of his small smiles, but it failed to appease her.  She sighed and let the matter drop.  Men were such sensitive creatures, but seemed to think themselves bravest when they toughened their shells and buried their emotions beneath a mask of indifference.  Was it truly so hard to declare when they were unwell or saddened?

Cornelius tried to soothe his sister's worries by taking her to her favourite dress shop and leading her to a stall selling pretty combs and accessories.