One Hundred And Twenty Four - Our Final Leaders Are Dating?!

The two young men naturally left the party straight after Owen's confrontation with Harmony. Their business there was complete and they had no reason to risk bumping into Charity, who they were not yet ready to deal with. The drive to Adam's home was in silence. As they pulled up on the street outside the terrace house, Adam finally saw the tracks of tears that dampened Owen's face. The man said nothing, just helped his lover into the house. Owen was mourning, mourning the loss of the girl he had once cared for and called sister and in this life, friend. It was a shame that the sharp tongued girl with an affectionate side had morphed into such a despicable creature bent on possessing Adam by any means necessary. Even if that meant faking pregnancy. Even if that meant wiping out half a galaxy. Even if that meant befriending the rival to cause trouble.

Adam helped Owen undress as well undressing himself, but when they went to bed that night in each other's embrace, it was purely comfort without lust.

*****

Even though Harmony was no longer in a position to threaten them, it did not mean Charity was not the same. Owen received several demands for him to attend functions regarding the wedding and new demands for him to gain work experience at Jackson and Miller. Owen ignored them all, deleted the messages and blocked her number. Her reach was being limited. The woman had cut off Harmony and Adam had ousted her out of his Faction claiming that she had messed with his private life outside of the game, due to a small in game argument. In a gamer's mind, extending personal issues from inside the game to real life was faux pas! Not done! Who would blame their Faction leader? And those who thought Charity should be given a chance to defend herself realised that the girl hadn't logged in for almost two months.

Besides, they were way more interested in the other news that had broken out; the leaders of the two biggest Factions on their server were dating?! It was probably not surprising that this information had been leaked out and Owen and Adam could easily point fingers to the culprit. Her revenge was small and petty, but did no real damage, just set the gossips aflame.

Owen had been bombarded with messages asking;

"When did this happen?"

"What's going to happen to the Faction?"

"Will you resign and join Last Surviving Fortress?"

"You are gay??" (There was always one...)

A small handful of homophobes resigned from Thirteen Levels of Purgatory and another small number from Adam's Faction. That didn't bother the pair in the slightest. There would always be those who hated, better that they leave of their own accord than make trouble later. And besides, those people were now experiencing troubles of their own. None of the top Factions would allow them entry, some due to their disloyalty, some due to their phobia! The Valkyries had recently opened their hearts to Freddy, who had snuck into their Faction with his female character and they absolutely adored him. So they were more vicious than most and went hunting these outcasts for a few days.

Adam had the most difficulty dealing with his deputy Faction leader, Jordan. "Dammit man!" He was lamenting! "Why did you not tell me sooner! I would never have bitched about him and his Faction so much in my last Podcast! I was slating my sister-in-law openly and you didn't say a word! No wonder you looked as if you would hit me when I saw you after that!"

Adam chuckled and simply replied; "If you want to make it up to me, treat me to a movie, alright?"

"Sure thing!" Jordan agreed. It had been a while since he got to hang out with his best friend. "Will you be bringing... Knife?"