11:28pm (Full Moon)*

27/7/18

Jesse was sleeping in his own bed, occasionally mumbling something and turning over. Lukas didn't know what had happened last night... all they saw was a broken bear trap and the silver compass Jesse always wore around his neck, lying in a puddle of water.

And of course, Jesse. But he looked terrible. He had two long scratches along his left arm and a bruised rib. And also... that bite mark on his shoulder.

Lukas was still awake, even though it was nearly 12am but it was all worth it.

No one knew this, but Lukas had a crush on his childhood friend. Well, no one except Petra that is.

He had turned her down after admitting that he had feelings for Jesse instead. That was why she was a little cold to him, but still the same bossy Petra.

Lukas had a bowl of untouched chicken soup sitting on his table, and his notebook beside him. But he didn't eat or write, since he was waiting for Jesse to wake up...

Lukas slowly reached out timidly and held Jesse's hand, hoping the sleeping boy wouldn't realise and also hoping that no one would suddenly barge into their room.

Lukas's started to close his eyes..

but they instantly shot open when the fingers around his own moved a little. Lukas looked at Jesse, who slowly opened his emerald green eyes. "Hey.." Jesse whispered, sounding much frailer than just now when he fainted in the woods.

"Hey.." Lukas greeted him awkwardly, starting to pull away but Jesse's grip tightened a little. "What... happened?" the brown haired boy asked quietly, looking around the room.

"You got attacked by an animal... I think. Judging by the long scratches on your arm and that bite mark." Lukas replied, staring at Jesse's green eyes.

He clenched his jaw. "You mean it wasn't a dream?" he asked, sounding more and more quiet. Lukas shook his head. "Why? It was probably just a raccoon or something... we wanted to take you to the hospital but-."

"It's okay.." Jesse interrupted, holding up a hand. Lukas faltered a little at Jesse's cold voice. "Just... leave me alone for awhile, please?" Jesse looked at Lukas with terrified eyes.

Lukas bit his lip. "Okay... just... call if you need me," he said, standing up and leaving the room. He closed the door quietly and almost ran into Petra, who was eating a bag of chips.

"Please don't tell me those are mine." Lukas said immediately as Petra swallowed. "Um.. what if I said they were?" she asked with a grin. Lukas rolled his eyes.

"Seriously Petra, sometimes I hate having you as a roommate." Lukas said as Petra went to the living room and sat in front of the television. "The feeling is mutual, Lukas." she called back.

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼

Jesse's PoV

Jesse felt the bite mark burn on his shoulder, almost as if it was physically hurting him over and over again. The pain was hurting so much, he couldn't think or even yell for Lukas- no... he couldn't tell Lukas or anyone what happened. They would shun him or... even try to kill him.

Jesse felt another stab of pain in his shoulder and bit his lip hard, immediately tasting blood. He was cold... but he was in too much pain to even think about anything else.

What did he know about werewolves? Nothing... since it was a topic he didn't even want to question. He hated all sorts of mythological subjects, like Greek gods, or mermaids or even dragons. Seriously, he didn't believe all that.

A wave of nausea made him shiver, and nearly throw up. Ugh, when was this pain going to stop? Jesse held a hand over his mouth. He bit his own hand, feeling another wave of pain as he curled on his bed.

But a sudden sound outside made Jesse accidentally look out the window and right at the full moon.

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼

Lukas's PoV

A loud crash made Petra and Lukas look at each other. "Was that Jesse?" she asked, puzzled as another crash made them both jump.

"I'll go check on him... maybe he's throwing a tantrum." Lukas laughed nervously, starting to get off the couch. Petra frowned and was about to relax in her chair again but both of them heard Jesse shout, as if he was in pain.

Lukas immediately jumped off the couch and ran to their room, which was upstairs. He stopped when he saw it.

Long scratch marks trailing from the bedroom and right into the attic. "Did he.?" Lukas trailed off, looking at the scratches. "Maybe it was an animal.." Petra said, holding up her fork, which she had used to eat her Cheetos.

Lukas picked up a pair of scissors and cautiously approached the attic door, which was hanging open a little. A low whine made Lukas frown harder. Was it a dog? Lukas threw open the door and gasped.

The attic was completely trashed as well, and the only sound he could hear was his own heartbeat and a loud scrabbling from behind a chest of drawers.

"I think it's a dog." Petra spoke up, flicking on the light. A growl sounded from behind them, making Lukas turn. He dropped his scissors when he saw it.

"Is that a wolf?" he asked Petra, who stared at it.

The wolf growled again, it's green eyes glowing faintly. "... That can't be." Petra said, her voice shaking.

The wolf had a coat of blue-grey fur, and it was crouched low to the ground, eyeing them suspiciously. And it had the most unnatural green eyes Lukas had ever seen on a wolf.

"But... wolves don't have green eyes, right?" Lukas asked Petra, who was still staring at it.

The wolf growled loudly, starting to become more aggressive with its fur rising. "We still have to find Jesse... maybe we should shut this wolf up here for now and call the police to come pick it up-."

"Lukas, you dumb ass..." Petra muttered, not taking her eyes off the growling wolf.

"This... wolf is Jesse."

-End