(The End) 6:08am (Full Moon)

(The Aftermath of the Hunt)
(27/8/18)

Jesse punched the wall of his house, blinking away tears as Aiden washed himself with the gardening hose. Both of them had shifted and was currently waiting for the other werewolves to turn back into humans...

He couldn't believe it... he couldn't believe he lost Lukas. And Gabriel... and Forest. And possibly Chase. Jesse ran a hand through his damp hair and punched the wall again, making the wood splinter. "Deep breaths, Jesse." Aiden said from behind him.

The emerald green eyed boy turned to him sadly. Aiden was wearing a simple white shirt and jeans shorts. And Jesse could barely see the scar around his stomach, where Harper had stabbed him. "H-how do I stay calm? My best friend is dead.." Jesse's voice broke.

Aiden sighed and walked over to Jesse, lacing his fingers around his. "I know... but he died to save us all. He didn't die for nothing."

"He's never coming back, Aiden!" Jesse fumed, pushed away from Aiden and running a hand through his hair again. He caught sight of the gold compass around his own neck and clutched it tightly. He knew what happened... he knew.

His prediction. Instead of Aiden dying... Lukas died instead. How could he have been so stupid as to not plan a backup plan? He didn't know those stupid hunters would camp at the place where the wolves had. Now all the werewolves were in hiding or even worse... dead.

Now there's- "Jesse-." Aiden gripped his arm and dug his nails into his skin. A white wolf had emerged from the woods... Petra. She had shifted back into a wolf again, obviously unsteady. And she was carrying something on her back. She gazed at the two boys sadly and walked up to them, limping on her hurt paw.

Aiden slowly walked up to her and held out a hand. She flicked her ears back but didn't run away. Instead... she gently sat on the ground and Jesse got a good look at the person lying across her back. Lukas...

Jesse held back a sob ad he walked up to his dead friend... even in death... he looked peaceful. If it wasn't for that bullet through the heart... he would've lived. Jesse sighed and gently lifted Lukas up. "We have.." Jesse tried to keep his voice from shaking. "We have to bury him. With honour."

Aiden bit his lip but nodded as Petra looked at Lukas, crying. A small whine sounded from the woods and Jesse turned, still holding Lukas's limp body. A wolf with blonde-blue fur stepped out of the woods... Jordan. He survived. And a caramel-brown wolf. Olivia. And a boy, guiding them along. Aiden frowned. Axel...

Aiden looked at Petra, who shook herself and looked blankly at him. 

"Let's just go.." Aiden said quietly, heading to the back of the house where Jesse was...

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼

(8:10am)

"To Gabriel, Magnus, Soren, Chase, Forest and Lukas." Aiden said, raising his cup. Everyone else silently raised their glasses as Jesse wiped away his tears. He couldn't believe how many people had died...

Jesse looked around the yard. Ellegaard was standing alone. And so was Jordan.. Petra was kneeling beside the hole Lukas was buried in, gently running a hand across the dirt. Axel and Olivia were together... the only couple who lived.

Jesse knew Magnus and Ellegaard were together. And so was Chase and Forest.

And Petra... Jesse was worried for her. She hasn't been herself ever since she shifted back into a human. She didn't eat or drink, she just stood by Lukas, one hand around her stomach as she whispered to herself.

Aiden finally covered the last grave with dirt and stepped back. He was the new alpha now.. but Jesse didn't know exactly why though. Petra had told him that Aiden had always been the alpha in the first place. Whatever that was...

Jesse looked up at the lightening sky and watched as the sun rose.

Today was another day...

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼

(8:10am)

Jesse walked through the now silent house... listening to every sound he made. Everything was so quiet... and he wasn't used to it. He waited to hear Lukas's cheerful voice as he and Petra argued playfully.

There was a note... lying on the coffee table. And Jesse had never seen it before. So naturally, he walked over to it and sat on the couch to read the paper...

He frowned as he opened the simple white envelope. And he nearly started to cry again as he saw the familiar handwriting once more.

dear jesse...

the book on this table is yours now. you're probably wondering why i'm sounding so ominous but to tell you the truth... i've been predicting things too. i didn't want to say, but i know i'll die soon. i know how. and i plan to follow fate.

tell petra i'm sorry. but i'll do anything to save you all. i love you. forever. take care. stay safe... and don't wander.

love,
lukas.

Jesse picked up the book and found that it was the same one he always saw Lukas writing in. Jesse opened the book and saw many pages of the same handwriting.

He recorded everything... and at the back of the book, there were several blank pages. Jesse picked up a blue pen and twirled it around his fingers absentmindedly, listening to the silence around him

He loved Lukas. But it was too late... he was dead. So now... he had to start a new chapter. Jesse flipped to a new page and wrote down everything he knew. It wasn't in Lukas's lowercase letters, but it would have to do.

And the only way he could remember Lukas was if he wrote the way he did.

After almost an hour... he was done.
And he left it that way.

-End of Bitten
(Jaiden Fanfic)

So do you know why the Important Notes are not in lowercase? Jesse rewrote it and made it sound like Lukas was writing it instead.

but now.. i guess it's time to find some other uncharted worlds. see you around and thank you so much for reading. 💕

-Ellie. (I hope you enjoyed)