1:02pm (Waxing Gibbous Moon)*

4 Days before the Full Moon
(22/8/18)

Aiden's PoV

Aiden walked beside Jesse along the street, talking about everything. "Okay, favourite ice cream flavour?" Jesse asked, excitement shining in his eyes as Aiden thought. "I'd say... lime." he grinned.

Jesse smacked his arm. "Ha ha. Well, mine's Cookies and Cream."

"Hmmm.. favourite fruit?" Aiden asked Jesse. The younger boy, he was younger than Aiden by 2 months tapped his chin. "Watermelon. You?"

He was just about to answer when Aiden saw... "Jesse." he pointed. Right in front of them, partially hidden among some bushes, was a large midnight blue wolf, slowly sneaking up on a child who was sitting on a bench. "One of Ivor's friends?" Jesse asked Aiden, immediately taking out a silver penknife.

The wolf crouched low to the ground, obviously about to pounce on the child. "It's a werewolf. But I've never seen it before." Aiden said worriedly.

"Nevermind that. If it's a werewolf, it's going to attack that kid!" Jesse gripped Aiden's arm tightly.

Suddenly the wolf turned, its ears pricked up. "Crap, it heard us." Jesse whispered. The wolf bared it's teeth at the two boys and advanced towards them instead. "It's a she-wolf." Aiden said, stepped backwards a little.

"Stay back!" Jesse shouted. Amazingly, it did, and Aiden realised why. Jesse was holding a silver penknife and brandishing it around, trying to scare it away.

There was a red bite mark on its shoulder... and blood was trailing down the sides of its shoulder which meant that this werewolf was bitten very recently and that answered why it was roaming around in the daytime.

"Run?" Jesse asked, looking at the child, who was still unaware of the fact that there was a wolf behind her.

Suddenly, the wolf's eyes widened and it snarled. Aiden flinched when the wolf pounced, right at Jesse.

The green eyed boy swung his penknife, right across the wolf's eye. It whined loudly and sprung away, shaking away the blood and making it splatter on the ground. The wolf looked up and Aiden saw that it's eye was bleeding profusely, a line of blood now joining the bite mark on its shoulder.

The wolf snapped at Jesse, and ran off into the woods, disappearing into the trees. Jesse held a hand over his stomach, still clutching the penknife in a death grip. "Jesse, are you okay?" Aiden asked, kneeling beside the shaking boy. Jesse nodded, much to Aiden's relief.

"Just shocked..." he mumbled, getting up from the ground with a grunt. Aiden sighed. "Who was it though.." Jesse looked at the trees, the image of the dark blue wolf replaying over and over again in his head.

"Its a she-wolf. She looked pretty old, but I've never seen her before." Aiden muttered, looking at the trail of blood leading into the dense foliage of the woods. Jesse frowned. "Maybe... it's one of Ivor's." he repeated.

"Ivor's dead." Aiden said, remembering the look on the man's face as Aiden stood on him, snarling as a wolf.

"You'll see. Even if you kill me, I have other plans for everyone in the pack. Just you wait." Ivor's last words as Aiden bit into his neck once more, killing him. After that, he had to wash out the metallic taste of blood from his mouth with water from the lake.

"Aiden?" he felt Jesse touch his shoulder lightly, looking up at him with his wide green eyes. "I was just... remembering." Aiden smiled gently, taking Jesse's hand from his shoulder and squeezing it tightly.

"Let's go home. We've got homework to do." he said, smiling. Jesse shrugged. "Sure. But after that, can we watch a movie?" he asked hopefully.

Aiden nodded, holding Jesse's hand.

But if only they turned around and saw the other wolf... silently watching them as it stood among the leaves. It's dark fur slowly rustling in the wind and it's eyes burning with hate.

No. She had to wait. She had to bide her time until she could finally get revenge for Ivor. But if she wanted her revenge... she fixed her eyes on the lime eyed boy.

She had to kill him.

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼

(9:29pm)

"We shouldn't have taken that long just to complete a single worksheet, Jesse!" Aiden smirked as Jesse pulled out a bag of chips from the cupboard. "It was math. And I suck at math." Jesse pouted, shutting the door and hopping onto the couch with Aiden.

Both of them had dimmed the lights, and had turned on the television to the highest volume. "It's a good thing Lukas and Petra had to go out tonight." Jesse piped up as he playfully tried to snatch the remote from Aiden.

"Yeah yeah, I bet you a million dollars that they're making out right now." Aiden sniggered, making Jesse slap his shoulder. "Jeez, no." he said.

After a few minutes of bickering, they finally decided to watch The Incredibles. Their favourite childhood movie. "I cant believe I haven't watched the second one yet." Jesse was saying, about halfway through the movie. Aiden smiled, one arm around Jesse's shoulder.

Jesse relaxed against Aiden and sighed.

After a few minutes, Aiden realised that Jesse wasn't looking at the screen. Instead, he was looking at the wall behind the television. "You're not really watching are you?" Aiden asked him, making Jesse look at him, blinking. "What? Of course I am." Jesse protested, but there was a slight red around his cheeks.

"What are you thinking about?" Aiden whispered to Jesse quietly, while rubbing his hand gently. Aiden slowly lowered the volume of the movie and waited as Jesse closed his eyes. "The full moon."

Aiden sighed. "I know... but we have the cave. We'd be safe there." he tried to reassure the other boy. Jesse hummed in reply, his eyes not focusing on the screen of the television. "Thanks Aiden..." he said, gently kissing him on the cheek.

Aiden smiled but didn't say anything.

-End