8:37am (Waning Gibbous Moon)

(31/7/18)

"There was a new wolf last night... it was so strange because he kept staring at me.." Jesse rubbed his cheek, which had two long red scratches across it. Apparently, as Jesse said, a brown wolf had challenged him to a fight and had grazed his cheek.

"And? What colour were it's eyes?" Lukas asked, stopping by his locker and taking down some books. "It was like... a lime green colour but no one here has eyes like that." Jesse said, frowning. Lukas shrugged, "Maybe they're from a neighbouring town.?" he suggested.

Jesse sighed. "Yeah... yeah, maybe."

"Come on, we better get to class." Lukas said, but Jesse heard something else. Now that he was a werewolf, he could pick up sounds much better than a normal human could. "Hold on.." he held out a hand for Lukas.

"Shove off, weirdo." someone said, shoving away a guy with brown hair like Jesse's, right against a locker. The boy just stared at the girl, who continued pushing him.

"Hey! Stop that!" Jesse shouted, making everyone in the hallway stare at him. "Jesse? What are you doing?" Lukas asked him.

Jesse ignored Lukas and walked up to the girl, who smiled at him. "And who are you?" she asked.

"You don't need to know me. All you need to know is to stop picking on him." Jesse said softly, glaring at the girl. She shrank back, immediately stepping away from him. "Okay okay, I.. I won't." and she quickly walked off.

"You didn't have to do that." someone said from behind Jesse. It was that new kid from his class. "Aiden... right?" Jesse said to him as Lukas stood beside Jesse. Aiden frowned, "Yeah.. it is." and he started to walk off, his hands in his pockets.

"What? No thank you?" Lukas asked, making the yellow eyed boy look at the blonde haired boy silently.

"Thanks."

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼

After that, Jesse noticed that the boy went everywhere alone. He had classes all by himself, ate lunch alone, and just walked alone, with everyone ignoring him. Maybe it was the fact that he seemed gloomy all the time and barely said anything.

But the strangest thing was when they were outside during lunch and the boy would be there. However, he wasn't alone. There would be a large black crow, following him around and sometimes even perching on his shoulder like a pet.

Soon, people began to shun Aiden. Sometimes even calling him a demon, as he seemed to bring darkness wherever he went. But all Jesse saw was a boy who looked lonely and friendless.

So Jesse took the initiative to try to talk to Aiden every day, trying to make him open up more. As more and more days passed, Jesse noticed that Lukas seemed to be more distant, always choosing to hang out with Petra instead as Jesse hung around Aiden more and more..

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼

8 days later
(9/8/18) Waning Crescent Moon
(8:21pm)

Jesse come home to see Lukas carrying a pane of glass into the house. "Uh... what's that for?" Jesse asked him, pointing to the glass.

It's been 4 days since Jesse shifted, which was a great relief to him. But also a downside as he wanted to spend more time with his pack. "Well," Lukas struggled to carry the glass, "We're building you a house, a small one for you to shift every time there's a full moon. Simple."

Lukas smiled, but he didn't seem happy about it... Jesse needed to find out why. "Lukas? Are you sure you're okay?" he asked the blonde boy.

Lukas smiled, "Yep! I'm fine.. why do you ask?"

But Jesse could tell that Lukas was lying... like that time when Jesse asked Petra if she ate his toast, well, he could tell that she was lying. And also by the obvious amount of crumbs around her mouth.

"Just checking to see if you're okay." Jesse smiled back. Lukas nodded. "Well, I'm gonna build this now. See you later.!" he said, lifting a hand to wave at him but also almost dropping the glass. Jesse closed the door behind Lukas as the blonde walked across the yard to start building.

Jesse sighed, looking at the calendar that they had pinned up. 18 more days till the full moon again. Jesse didn't want to admit it to Lukas but... he liked being a werewolf. But he definitely didn't like the pain...

Jesse was getting tired of being cooped up in the house. With Petra still in school and Lukas outside, he had nothing to do... "Ow!" he drew back his hand to see that he had accidentally touched a silver metal rod which was lying on the ground. Probably another one of Lukas's weapons.

The attacks on the missing children kept Jesse up late at night, occasionally thinking about that werewolf which went bad... Ivor, was it? Was that his name? Whatever his name was... the people of Beacontown were getting restless with the wolves.

Each week, someone kept shooting wolves, normal ordinary ones as the full moon wasn't here yet, so all the werewolves would be in their human forms like Jesse.

He sighed again, bored. Maybe it wouldn't kill him to just take a walk in the woods... right?

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼

"Oh no you don't!" Lukas said, catching hold of Jesse's arm. "Hey! What gives?" Jesse replied, pulling out of Lukas's grip easily.

"You're not allowed to go into the woods. It's not safe." Lukas said sternly. Jesse frowned. "You're not the boss of me, Lukas."

"Well, I've been taking care of you for ages so why the hell not?" Lukas said angrily. Jesse kept quiet. Lukas never sweared. Never at him. "I just want to take a walk. Is that a problem?" Jesse asked, folding his arms.

"It's. Dangerous." Lukas replied.

"So what? I can take care of myself!"

"Says the one who got bitten and now has to live a double life of being half human and a mutt!"

Jesse stepped back, hurt. "You..."

Lukas bit his lip, "Jesse.. I'm sorry.. I didn't mean that..." he trailed off but Jesse took another step back.

"It's okay Lukas... just leave me alone.. for now." Jesse blinked back his tears and ran into the woods, leaving Lukas behind.

-End

This chapter is dedicated to cassierosewrites 🙌🏻💕 stay strong, girl! and also, i wanted to post a new chapter (wow! three times in a row! XD)