1:26am (Waxing Crescent Moon)

(12/8/18)

Jesse's PoV

"It's that brat again." Ivor muttered as howls echoed throughout the woods. As if on cue, a gold- brown wolf burst into the clearing, snarling at Ivor. Behind him, was a white wolf, looking at Jesse.

Those eyes.

But for now... he couldn't think straight. The bleeding had stopped, thanks to his new healing abilities, but Jesse knew he couldn't keep it up much longer.

The lime eyed wolf dodged as Ivor shot a silver bullet at it, accidentally shooting a tree instead. "Stay still, you mutt!" Ivor growled, shooting at the wolf as it dodged neatly.

Jesse turned his attention to the white wolf, which stood in front of him. It approached him and knelt in front of him, as if wanting him to climb on. With some struggling, Jesse managed to slide onto the white wolf's back, still holding his wound.

"He's getting away!" Ivor yelled as Jesse looked back. But the brown wolf as faster. With a snarl, it leapt at Ivor, swiftly bit his neck and killed him.

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼

"Lukas!" Jesse yelled, as the white wolf walked around the perimeter of the house. He knew... the moment the white wolf brought him here...

Finally, Lukas threw open the door and gasped. "Jesse? What happened?!"

"Got stabbed..."

"And the wolf?"

Jesse looked back at the black eyed wolf, standing in the yard and looking at them solemnly. That same stance.

"Petra.." Lukas muttered, looking at Jesse accusingly as he watched the she-wolf slowly bend its head and leave them, heading back into the woods. Since Jesse was a werewolf, and if he followed his instincts, all the wolves would rather hang out in the woods instead of around humanity.

"I'm sorry.." Jesse muttered quietly as Lukas looked at the stab wound, which was starting to heal. "..." Without a word, Lukas picked Jesse up and carried him into the house.

Somehow, this was scarier. Lukas not saying anything. Usually he would panic, and ask questions. But now...

"Was the knife silver?" he asked quietly. Jesse closed his eyes and imagined Ivor in front of him, holding a regular penknife. "No, I don't think so.."

Lukas nodded and started to help clean Jesse up. Jesse helped him by taking off his own shirt, which was covered with dried blood and dirt. There was a faint blush on Lukas's cheeks as he did so though.

"Are you... mad at me?" Jesse asked Lukas timidly as Lukas rolled out a long white bandage. "Mad.?" Lukas said quietly as he cleaned Jesse's wound, making him wince in pain.

"I'm not mad."

Jesse stared up at the ceiling, "Then I'm sorry."

"For what?"

"For shouting at you... and arguing with you."

Lukas leaned back, against the coffee table which they had placed after Petra had complained that she had no where to put her chips after she sat on the couch.

"Hey, not everything has to be sunshine, lollipops and rainbows you know." Lukas said, starting to look like his old self again. But once again, Jesse had to open his big mouth.

"And Petra.."

Lukas closed his eyes, as if he'd rather not talk about that. "I know you didn't mean to."

Jesse nodded, watching the ceiling fan above him spin slowly. "What happened in there?" Lukas asked, opening his ocean blue eyes.

"I wanted to... kill Ivor. But he outnumbered me. Then that brown and gold wolf came in and attacked Ivor. Petra brought me back here. I think.." He swallowed. "I don't know how they managed to fight their instincts though. Usually if I was a wolf, I'd do anything to stay away from humans. But... they helped me. A human."

"A werewolf." Lukas corrected, looking out the window, into the dark night.

"But... I thought I'd shift when Ivor attacked me... but I didn't and.." Jesse held back his tears. Even though he didn't know why was he crying. "Now Petra's a wolf and I don't know if I can control myself anymore."

Tears rolled down his cheeks as he cried. "I don't know what to do.."

He felt someone take his hand. "I do." the blonde said quietly. "I'll always be here for you, okay? No matter what. No matter how far."

Jesse couldn't take it anymore. He sat up and saw Lukas look at him with tired eyes. "Even if I..I'm a monster?" Jesse murmured. Lukas smiled.

"Yeah, because you're my best friend, Jes."

Jesse smiled a little and pulled him into a kiss. However, something was wrong. Lukas was frozen. Jesse pulled away, a little confused. He only realised his mistake when Lukas started to cry.

"... You don't feel that way?" Jesse asked quietly, his voice trembling. Lukas sighed, tears still dripping onto the floor. "Not anymore... I used to have a crush on you... but you hung out so much with that yellow eyed boy, Aiden.. I just wanted you to be happy."

"Lukas.." Jesse didn't know what to say. Lukas loved him so much that... he'd be willing to let Jesse go.

"... We're still best friends. But..." Lukas shook his head again. "I'm sorry if I ever made you think I wanted more than that."

Jesse watched as Lukas stood up and gave Jesse a small sad smile. "Thanks for everything Jes.. thanks for being my best friend." with that, the blonde boy walked into his room and closed the door gently, leaving Jesse in the living room.

-End