2:19pm (First Quarter Moon)

(18/8/18)

"What are you not telling me.?"

Aiden's voice was low and quiet as Jesse stared at the picture in his palm. The face of a silver-blue wolf looked back at him, with its unwolflike green eyes. "I... what? You're saying that I'm a wolf?" Jesse scoffed.

Aiden sighed. "Werewolf."

There was an uneasy silence as Jesse kept quiet. "I'm not a werewolf. That's just myths."

Aiden just reached into his bag and pulled out more pictures. The pack. All of them. And some of them he didn't even know. Gabriel... with his coal-black coat. Magnus, with his muddy looking fur. And Ellegaard, the dark grey.

There was a light blonde one as well, partially hidden among the trees and one brown eye shut.

And a light brown coated she-wolf... standing at the edge of a cliff, it's head tipped back in a silent howl.

And a greyish-black wolf... getting ready to pounce on a rabbit. It's gleaming orange eyes flashing in the darkness.

All of them... humans in wolf's bodies. All of them with secrets. And Aiden... Jesse looked at his boyfriend, pained. He knew it all.

But Jesse also knew one wolf was missing. His lime eyed wolf. His heart started to pound as Aiden handed the pictures to him, one by one.

A snowy white wolf, obviously Petra by the way she stood.

And a caramel brown wolf, with reddish fur and four scratches across its left eye.

"..." Jesse finally reached the end of the pile. And his lime eyed wolf still missing.

Jesse looked up at Aiden again as he picked up the final piece, from his bag. A wolf with lime green eyes. The other boy silently slid the picture towards Jesse, making him look straight at the familiar brown and gold wolf.

And Aiden tipped Jesse's chin up, to force the green eyed boy to look at his own eyes. Lime eyes.

"I've been looking for you for so long.." Jesse finally managed to say as Aiden looked back at Jesse, letting him go.

"I know."

"And all this time, you knew?"

Once again, Aiden nodded. "I didn't transfer here because of the bullies. I came here. For you."

"Ivor... he bit me." Aiden lifted up his left sleeve to reveal a faint white bite mark. "He told me to bite you. But I refused. I didn't want to hurt you. So he did it himself. I've been a member of the pack for ages..." Aiden took a deep breath.

"So after he bit you... I felt guilty and turned myself in. To the original pack." Aiden pointed to Gabriel, Soren, Magnus and Ellegaard. "They kicked me out. The omega. I believe you saw me that night."

Jesse remembered the lone lime eyed wolf, standing away from the pack and watching silently.

"And when I found out that Ivor wasn't dead, I knew he was coming for you. I called for the birds to help me. Tabitha. Mackerel... don't ask me why I named them that way."

"I killed Ivor. Because he was turning children into werewolves. Jordan, Chase, Forest..." Aiden pointed to three wolves, which definitely looked younger than all the other wolves. "I couldn't stop him. But now he's dead. I made sure of that."

Jesse looked up at Aiden again, his hands pressed into fists. "Then tell me why you're saying all this." he said, his voice shaking.

Aiden slowly gathered all the photos up and put them into a neat stack. "Because this boy..."

Aiden pulled out a glossy picture of a boy. "Was the last straw for all of us."

Jesse knew the boy from around town. He always saw him everywhere. Buying food with his other three best friends or hanging around at the playground.

"Radar?"

Aiden raised an eyebrow. "Is that his name? Anyway... these three were his best friends." Aiden pointed to Jordan, Chase and Forest.

"And now with three of them gone, I presume Ivor striked again. Killing him."

Aiden placed down a picture of Radar, his eyes closed and his throat was obviously bitten so badly, he had died.

"Remember... even though Ivor is dead we have those other wolves to worry about. The ones he somehow managed to tame. Now they're the ones killing children. And since they're not werewolves, they can't turn the children into one of us. And if they keep this up.."

"We'll get shot at." Jesse muttered, remembering his nightmare.

"Exactly."

Jesse starred at Aiden, unable to process his words. Jesse had imagined meeting the lime eyed wolf many times... but not like this, while they were sitting in a coffee shop and eating cheesecake.

"So will you help us?" Aiden asked, sliding all the pictures away and into his bag.

It was as if Jesse was talking to a totally different person. "What was your goal with me?" Jesse asked, bending his head as tears dripped onto the table.

Aiden stopped, his hands halfway in his bag. Jesse didn't look up. He didn't want to see Aiden's face.

Jesse squeezed his eyes shut, still waiting. "I love you. Even after everything that's happened. But.." Jesse looked up to see Aiden standing up. "I'm not sure you feel the same way after everything I've done.."

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼

(3:00pm)

Jesse grabbed Aiden's wrist and pulled him back. "Aiden!" Jesse could feel tears running down his cheeks as he tried to stop the lime eyed boy.

Aiden turned to him, waiting.

"You should be the one apologising!" Jesse demanded, with tears in his eyes. Aiden just looked at him. "I am... I'm apologising. For not being there for you. But family comes first and I owe them. Even after they kicked me out."

Jesse refused to let go of Aiden's hand. "But you're leaving me? After everything we've done?"

"I have to save innocent lives, Jesse." Aiden's hair waved a little in the sudden wind as they stood on the sidewalk. "..." Jesse held Aiden's hand tighter. "Then let me help you!" he said.

"You can't do this alone."

"My family's life is at stake Jesse... don't you understand?" Aiden demanded, "It was the last straw! Radar's dead and the shooting is close. And on a bad timing as well.." Aiden trailed off, his voice trembling.

"You mean.."

"When the shooting begins... we're all going to die because we're going to shift."

-End

(Ay! The book finally begins because it's the 26th of July!) Tomorrow is the full moon, peeps. And when Jesse shifts. :3