11:29pm (Waning Gibbous Moon)

(30/7/18)

Lukas watched as Jesse curled on the bed, shaking. "Just shift, I can wait outside.." Lukas said. Jesse closed his eyes tightly.

"But I don't wanna hurt you-." he clenched his teeth again, obviously in a lot of pain. Lukas couldn't stand to see him like this. "Tell you what, you shift, and once you do, you can go out through the window, it's not that far of a drop. Then maybe you can head to the woods and meet-."

He was cut off by Jesse, who had somehow shifted. "Lukas! Come on!" Petra pulled him out just as a silver-blue wolf fell to the floor, shaking and starting to get on its feet. Petra slammed the door shut just as a loud bang was heard throughout the house.

"He's probably going to trash the guest room again." Petra sighed as Lukas struggled to breathe.

"Hey, you okay?" she asked, looking at him. Lukas nodded, but truthfully, he didn't feel well... he couldn't feel anything but the pain on Jesse's face as he changed from human to the face of a wolf. It looked so simple... but he knew that it was painful.

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼

Jesse's PoV

Jesse burst out of the room through the window and started to fall. But his instincts kicked in and he landed on the grass on all four feet, nearly falling over.

Jesse looked up at the house, and at the shattered window he had escaped through. The house wasn't the best place to be... it felt too human. So he turned to head straight for the quiet woods, running straight in.

Immediately, it felt like he was in another world. Running fast and capturing all the sounds around him with his heightened senses. Suddenly, he heard a howl from far away, making him stop in his tracks. Then another howl joined in, until there was a chorus of wolves.

Jesse immediately headed straight for it, running without stopping. And since his body was built for speed and agility, he didn't get tired at all while he leapt over fallen trees and crevices.

Suddenly, a wolf with a coat of black fur ran beside him, followed by a whole group of other wolves as well. His mind struggled to remember, but all he could remember was his own name, Jesse... it sounded so human in this fantasy world.

Then he noticed another wolf, this time with sleek brown-gold fur, watching him as they ran. With its flashing eyes, Jesse  couldn't help but notice him. Suddenly, the black wolf stopped, making the pack slow down as well.

The brown-gold wolf stood at the edge of the group, watching silently. Jesse knew he had to be the omega... the scrapegoat, forced to live out of the pack's hierarchy and bullied. Jesse glanced at the other wolves, who weren't paying attention to him.

Slowly, he walked up to the brown-gold wolf and looked at his lime green eyes. The wolf tilted its ears forward and regarded Jesse silently, as if waiting for him to do something...

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼

Lukas's PoV

Petra flicked a piece of ham at Lukas, who managed to catch it with his left hand before it hit the ground. "Jeez, all I want is a ham sandwich and you can't even make that?" Lukas asked her.

"Sure I can, buy I don't want to make it for you, so there!" Petra stuck her tongue out at Lukas, who rolled his eyes.

"Enough with the eye rolling, one of these days, your eyeballs are gonna drop out and-." Petra frowned, looking at something behind Lukas's shoulder. "Why? What's wrong?" he turned to see that she was watching the news on television.

"The number of missing children have increased drastically over the past few days. An average number of three children goes missing everyday here in Beacontown, and this is a very serious matter. If you have any information, please let us know by dialing..."

Lukas narrowed his eyes and walked closer to the screen, watching the spokesperson talk about the nine missing children... "You don't think this has got to do with the werewolves, do you?" Lukas asked Petra, who shook her head.

"But Gabriel said... that Ivor wasn't dead. Maybe he's the one who's been attacking the kids... and turning them into werewolves." Lukas said.

"Yeah right, if he did, there'd be news about a wolf going around and killing kids right?" Petra scoffed at him, turning away to butter some toast.

"And just in, in some recent alarming news, a resident hunter has shot a wolf in the head because it was seen dragging a child away. It had to be shot at least fifteen times before it could release the child but by the time the wolf died, the poor child was already dead.."

"As our urban population rises, should these wolves continue to live among us or should they be killed? Stay tuned for more news later."

Lukas looked at Petra, who had dropped her toast onto the floor and was looking at Lukas.

"Called it." Lukas muttered, turning off the television.

-End