5:07pm (Waning Gibbous Moon)

28/7/18

Another wave of nausea made Jesse almost faint, but Lukas was there to help him. They had a healthy breakfast of cereal... which made Jesse thankful that he could still enjoy normal human food.

But after a few scoops of his cereal, he wanted to throw up again, but he managed to keep it at bay. Now the three of them were sitting in the living room, which piles and piles of books around them.

Jesse only looked up from his book when Lukas walked over to him. "Hey. I found this.." he held out the silver compass necklace. Jesse looked up at Lukas nervously.

"It's... silver, isn't it? That's how I managed to repel that werewolf that bit me." Jesse said, stopping himself from taking the metal compass. It was his dad's... and that was a precious family heirloom.

"Oh... silver. Yeah, I read somewhere that silver repels werewolves. But I don't know anymore." Lukas admitted. "So what do I do with this?" he held up the compass, making Jesse watch as the needle spun around.

He looked up at the blonde boy, who was waiting for him to speak. "Lukas... you can keep it." Jesse smiled, gently taking Lukas's hand and making him close his palm around the compass.

"What? No I can't.. it's been in your family for as long as I can remember." Lukas argued. Jesse shook his head.

"You've always been like a brother to me, Lukas. So keep it, you're part of our family now.."

Lukas smiled a little, and nodded hesitantly. "Alright... if you insist."

Petra sighed loudly. "Are you guys done talking? I'm currently looking for a cure for Jesse and nothing is coming up." she hit her laptop, making it buzz loudly and shut off.

"I think you angered it, Petra." Jesse said. It had been awhile since he spoke to her, so she looked at him. "Oh shut up, wolf boy. I'll fix it soon." she muttered, hitting the computer again.

"Well... I'm gonna go for a walk in the woods and find that stupid guy to bash him into pieces." Lukas said, standing up and making Jesse jump up as well.

"I'm coming with you." Jesse said, taking Lukas's arm.

"No, it might get dark soon.. and I don't want you to shift." Lukas said as Jesse let his hand slip.

Jesse frowned. "I can take care of myself, Lukas. Besides, it's not a full moon." he argued and pleaded with Lukas. He sighed. "Fine. Just grab a jacket, it's cold outside."

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼

They trekked though the woods, occasionally passing by a stream or a river. "The needle should always point west. That's home." Jesse spoke up, pointing at the needle of the compass, which was pointing to the south.

"How'd you learn all this anyway?" Lukas asked Jesse as he hopped over fallen tree branches and splashed through streams of water.

"My dad. Remember?" Jesse replied. "He took me out and left me in the woods all by myself once, just to teach me how to survive out here." Jesse gestured to the trees around them.

"Each year he left me here longer and longer, until one month later, I could survive all by myself out here for at least a month." Jesse explained.

Lukas nodded to show that he understood what Jesse was saying. "Anyway, all we have to do is to listen our for that stupid guy and one we find him, we blow him up into pieces." Jesse said suddenly.

Lukas nodded again and pulled out a silver penknife, it's blade shining brightly. "Whoa- where'd you get that?" Jesse asked, about to touch it but Lukas rolled his eyes and slapped Jesse's hand away.

"Silver." Lukas warned him. "And I got it from the kitchen, I mostly use it in case Petra steals my chips again, or if we need to butcher some werewolves."

"Huh.. that's handy."

"Exactly. Now come on," Lukas said, stepping over a trail of ants and heading deeper into the woods.

Suddenly, a flash of light caught Lukas's eye, making him turn. Eyes. "Jesse, do you see that?" Lukas asked the brunette boy, who was shooting away a bug. Jesse squinted at the pair of glowing eyes, which was staring at them intently.

Then there was a low growl... Lukas stepped back, but Jesse held him back. "Don't run. They'll start chasing after you and think you're prey." he instructed.

"They? You mean there's more than-."

A wolf, which a coat of dark, black fur emerged from the darkness, it's eyes shining.

And a brown and muddy-looking wolf stepped out as well, it's black eyes fixed on the compass around Lukas's neck.

"Don't.. move." Jesse instructed again as Lukas's shivered. A grey wolf but with ginger fur at the tips stepped out and stood beside the brown wolf.

A twig snapped beside Lukas, making him see that there was a another grey wolf, but with dark grey lines, partially hiding as well.

Jesse glanced at Lukas, scared that there were four wolves surrounding them.

But they didn't seem to attack, they just looked at Lukas and Jesse with interest. Suddenly, there was a snarl and the four wolves vanished. "Jesse! Look out!" Lukas yelled as a familiar dark grey wolf attacked Jesse from behind.

"Lukas!" Jesse screamed, as the wolf snarled again, this time trying to kill Jesse.

Lukas quickly whipped out his penknife and tried to stab the dark grey wolf but it was too quick. It shoved Jesse right down a steep hill and followed, making Lukas lose sight of the both of them.

He lost Jesse again.

-End