4:19am (First Quarter Moon)

(Two days later)
(18/8/18)

Jesse tossed and turned, trying his best to go to sleep... but he didn't want to have that nightmare again. He glanced up through the glass of his windows and saw the moon, barely visible through the trees.

Almost... he had 8 more days. To shift. Jesse placed a hand above his stomach and closed his eyes. He didn't want to... but Jesse knew he couldn't control it either. He had to shift. Wether he liked it or not.

Jesse drifted off into an uneasy sleep.

He was in the woods again, running.
And being chased. Someone was dead... another was shot in the leg. Jesse knew they were hunters, hunting each wolf down... he didn't know why were they attacking the pack though.

He turned and saw a flash of lime green through the trees. A brown and gold wolf stood in between the trees, watching him.

"You need to run. I'll buy you some time. Just go. Take care of her." Lukas's voice.

There was a loud gunshot and Jesse heard Petra whine softly.

(5:00am)

"JESSE! WAKE UP!"

he jolted awake, nearly falling off the bed in his haste. "What- what happened?" he asked, out of breath as he looked at Lukas's worried expression. "Are you okay? What happened?"

Jesse placed a hand on his forehead, feeling his head start to throb painfully. "Nightmare... it happened last time too."

"What? What happened?" he heard Lukas say as Jesse closed his eyes painfully.

Could his nightmares predict the future.? Like last time. He dreamt that he attacked Lukas. But he also changed the future. Instead of killing Lukas, Jesse had turned Petra into a werewolf. Was it a warning that they weren't supposed to change the future?

"I.. I'm fine." Jesse said, opening his eyes and putting his feet on the hard wooden floor, feeling the world tilt. Lukas caught him by the arm, looking at him worriedly. "You're sick... and feverish. You better rest while I take your temperature."

Jesse nodded weakly, holding his stomach as he watched Lukas leave the room. After a few minutes though, he heard his wooden door creak open. He looked up to see Petra, her face pale and she was trembling a little.

"You has the same nightmare?" Jesse asked her. She hesitated before nodding a little. "But... how did yours go?" Jesse asked, as she slowly walked over to him.

"I dreamt that there were hunters... and something about a missing kid. I didn't know who it was though. And someone was dead. I could feel it." she shivered, her nails digging into her palms.

"Don't change the future. We shouldn't." Jesse warned her. Petra's lip trembled a little. "Lukas... I heard him."

Jesse looked at the slightly opened door. "We cannot change the future Petra... do you understand?"

She pulled Jesse into a tight hug, nearly squeezing him to death. "Can't... breathe!" he gasped and Petra immediately let go. "Oh.. sorry.." she sighed.

"Thanks Jesse... I just needed some reassurance that I wasn't going insane." she smiled lightly but Jesse could still see the fear in her eyes.

"... Now rest. I think these nightmares take up way too much of our energy." she stood up from his bed.

"Petra wait..." Jesse held up a hand.

She looked at him.

"You heard a gunshot after Lukas... said his lines, right?"

There was a moment of silence as Jesse waited for her reply. Finally, she bit her lip and nodded once.

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼

(1:44pm)

"Hey!" Aiden greeted Jesse was a smile. The brunette boy smiled as well, walking up to the other boy. Aiden was wearing a light green shirt and he had swapped his jeans for a pair of tights in this August heat. With a simple gold band around his wrist and purple sneakers, Aiden looked... really good.

Now he had a sparrow, pecking at seeds around his feet. Aiden and Jesse had agreed to hang out for awhile at the nearest coffee place. "Let's go in." Aiden held the door open for Jesse after he had bent down to stroke the sparrow, which fluttered away after they had entered the cafe.

So now they had a window seat and their own booth near the door. Jesse waited as Aiden went to get some food for the both of them.

Aiden sat down in front of Jesse and placed down a plate of cheesecake, which was in a shade of pale yellow with the normal graham biscuit underneath. "Here, try this. It's pretty good."

Jesse didn't want to hurt Aiden's feelings by saying that he wasn't hungry so he picked up a fork. "Ow-!" Jesse dropped it, immediately making Aiden flinch as well. "What? What happened?"

Silver. Great. Thinking quickly, Jesse laughed nervously. "Sorry, just saw a bug." he pretended to shoo away a fly. Aiden raised an eyebrow but didn't say anything. Jesse felt his heart hammer wildly against his chest.

Did Aiden... know?

"So..." Jesse tried to start a conversation as he pulled out his own cutleries, which were made of plastic. "I want to ask you something." Aiden said suddenly as he drank hot chocolate from his mug.

Jesse looked at him, waiting. But he didn't expect him to ask...

"What do you know about the woods?"

Jesse nearly choked on his cheesecake. "Uh- what?"

Aiden looked at Jesse, his eyes sad and so familiar. "Just tell me. The first thing that comes to your mind."

The werewolves.

Jesse looked down at the cheesecake.

Don't tell anyone about us.

Aiden looked at Jesse and took his hand. Jesse looked at Aiden as he placed down a photograph in his slightly trembling palm. No..

Him.

Jesse.

His eyes.

In a wolf's face.

-End