12:39pm (Full Moon)*

The Night of the Hunt
(27/8/18)

Jesse ran, heading straight for the lake. Everything was in a mess... so far, Forest was dead.. "GET THEM!" someone roared, making Jesse cower with fear. Three hunters surrounded them but Aiden bared his teeth and stood in front of Jesse and Petra.

And they fired.

But somehow, Aiden leapt forward and he managed to avoid all the bullets. With a powerful swipe of his paws he knocked all three hunters unconscious. Jesse looked around, hoping for a way out. But he heard... Jesse stood still, listening as he heard more gunfire and the low whine of a wolf as another was shot dead.

Hopefully that wasn't any of his friends.

What do they do? There was a crack of a twig behind them, making them look straight at another hunter.

"Here you are you mutts." he laughed, "Now hold still so I can put a bullet through your brains." he lifted the gun and aimed at Petra. She snarled but it was too-

A loud howl echoed through the trees as a black wolf slashed its claws against the man's throat, making blood spray everywhere. But there was a burst of gunfire again, making Gabriel fall to his knees. Jesse saw a hunter behind the other, aiming right at Gabriel's head this time.

And Jesse couldn't stop him as the hunter pulled the trigger, instantly killing the dark black wolf. Aiden flattened his ears back, and stepped away, his shoulders shaking. Jesse looked at Aiden, who had bent his head as he refused to look at Gabriel's corpse.

Jesse whined softly and nosed Aiden, hoping to make him see sense.

Aiden looked at Jesse with his familiar lime green eyes. Another burst of gunfire startled them, nearly hitting Jesse.

Aiden looked at him and started running again, heading back to the cave.? Why was he doing that? Jesse looked over at Petra who gazed at him with unblinking eyes. She followed them, moving nimbly with those hunters behind. Aiden looked up at the full moon, which was already slowly sinking down.

They had to run down the clock. Until it was time to shift back again. Maybe this time, Jesse could see- there was a loud snap and Petra howled, instantly making Jesse turn.

She trembled as she tried to follow the two. Her left paw was trapped in a bear trap. Jesse quickly tried to remove it but it was too firm. Petra whined in pain, trying to tug it away as hunters approached. She looked at Jesse. And he swore he could hear her say, "Go."

Jesse shook his head. He wasn't leaving Petra at the mercy of those hunters. She tugged at the trap again, the pain making her sink to the forest floor. "We've got one!" someone yelled happily, emerging from the bushes. Jesse, Aiden and Petra turned to see one hunter scramble through and Jesse snarled at him.

But the hunter just grinned at him and Jesse felt someone grab him from behind. Jesse tried to turn and snap at the person but he was thrown onto his back, with a hunter grinned widely at him. "You're going to cost big bucks aren't you? Your fur is so rare. Now hold still so I can tie you up."

These hunters weren't here to kill the werewolves. They were here to sell the wolves for money. Jesse scrambled to his feet, trying to fight off his attacker. He easily overpowered him and bit at his leg, making the man scream. Since Jesse didn't want this stupid human to become a werewolf...

"Please! Don't kill me!" the hunter pleaded as Aiden fought off the other hunters. Jesse glared at the hunter and faltered. The hunter was begging for mercy... Jesse snapped at him as a warning and turned away, going over to Petra, who was hiding in a bush, still with one mangled paw.

Then there was a click of a gun being reloaded.

Jesse flicked a ear up and turned just in time for a bullet to shoot him, right in his leg. Jesse whined and fell to the ground, scrabbling to get up again as the hunter he spared loaded another bullet into his gun. "You're too kind, mutt. You're going to pay for that." the hunter grinned as Jesse protected Petra with his body.

But he never fired. Instead, an arrow pierced his chest, straight through his heart.

Lukas stood behind him, holding up a bow. "Go. Leave... until the moon phases." the blonde boy said severely. He had blood stains on his clothes and his quiver was nearly empty. But Jesse saw the fury in his eyes as he ran over to Petra to release her from the trap.

Petra gently licked his chin and nuzzled her head into his chest, breathing heavily as Lukas held her close. "I love you, baby." Lukas whispered as Petra bent her head. "I know-."

A loud growl made everyone turn. Aiden was about to get shot- but Jesse darted forward, despite the wound in his leg. Jesse nearly fell but he was too late when a pair of feet ran past him. A sound shot echoed through the clearing and everyone gasped.

Lukas was standing in front of Aiden, his bow dropping from his hand as he fell to the ground. No... "MAN DOWN! CEASE FIRE!" a hunter yelled into his walkie talkie strapped on his belt as everyone rushed over to Lukas.

Aiden was bleeding, his shoulder was messed up... but Jesse couldn't take his eyes off Lukas, who looked up at Jesse. "Go." the blue eyed boy mouthed as Jesse instinctively stepped back. "Take care of them." Lukas murmured softly as he turned to look up at the brightening sky.

Aiden quickly pushed Jesse and Petra away from the scene, his shoulders shaking from shock. But Jesse felt the familiar twist of pain in his stomach. And Lukas's empty eyes as he died... he was trying to save them all. Jesse's mind fought to accept his death but he couldn't stop staring at his best friend, who was lying on the grass, blood slowly dripping from the bullet wound.

Aiden pushed Jesse and Petra away, trying to make them move but Petra pulled away from Aiden and ran over to the humans, holding up a paw to kill them all with her claws. Tears fell from her eyes as she killed them all without mercy.

Aiden and Jesse watched, horrified as she bit at a hunter's throat, ripped apart another and suddenly, she stumbled, making Jesse flinch back a little, right against Aiden. She shuddered and snapped at a hunter, who stupidly attacked her with a simple hunting knife.

As she leapt at the hunter, Jesse watched as she shifted back swiftly, turning back into a human. The last hunter gasped at her as she yelled in fury, picking up the last arrow Lukas had and stabbing it through the hunter's eyes and probably straight through his brain. Her shoulders shook as he crumbled to the ground, dead. She pulled out the arrow, breathing heavily as crimson blood dripped from the arrow tip.

Her clothes were damp with blood and her hand was severely injured as she stood among the mangled corpses she killed. "G-go." she said without turning to Jesse and Aiden, kneeling beside Lukas's body. Aiden and Jesse looked at each other and silently left Petra with Lukas.

One last time.

-End