2:29pm (Waxing Gibbous Moon)

5 days before the Full Moon
(21/8/18)

"This must be the place he was talking about." Lukas said, pushing away some green vines away from the opening of a cave. Jesse didn't say anything. He just took out the flashlight he had and walked in, not even looking out for danger.

Lukas hastily followed him into the cave. Sure enough, just as Aiden said, the cave became smaller and smaller until there was a little opening at the back, where... Lukas brushed away more leaves.

"Wow.." He said, standing up straight. Inside was a beam of sunlight streaming into the cavern, with plants everywhere and a silent waterfall, thundering into a small pool of water. There was a boy, sitting on the rocks and skipping some stones.

Aiden.

Lukas smiled and quietly left the cave, leaving Jesse alone inside with Aiden.

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼

(2:45pm)

Jesse's PoV

Aiden didn't look up from skipping those stones he was holding. Jesse watched as the lime eyed boy threw rocks, watching it leap above on the water's surface and sink into the water.

"Aiden." Jesse said quietly. Usually, a normal human being wouldn't be able to hear him over the sound of the waterfall. But now that Jesse truly knew who he was, he knew Aiden wouldn't have any trouble hearing him.

The other boy looked up and saw Jesse, making eye contact with him. "Hey yourself." Aiden said, looking back at the pool of water and skipping another flat rock. Jesse watched as the rock skipped almost all the way to the other end of the pool. "I-."

"Save it." Aiden said, not looking at him. "I know how much you hate me."

Jesse frowned. "I don't hate you."

"You broke things."

Jesse hesitated. Lukas probably told Aiden about his... stress. "That's just a way to relieve my stress Aiden." Jesse said, taking a step closer to the other boy. The spray of the water from the waterfall was rather strong. But Aiden didn't seem to mind.

Aiden sighed, rubbing a thumb over the rock he was holding. "Just sit here then. You're stressing me out." Aiden scooted to the right a little, letting Jesse sit beside him.

Aiden drew his knees to his chest, and hugged them, looking down at the pool of water. Jesse never knew how beautiful were Aiden's eyes. They reflected the white light from the pool and turned his lime green irises to shades of blue and green.

Jesse couldn't take it anymore. He took a deep breath and pulled Aiden into a kiss, surprising the other boy.

Somehow, this kiss was better than their previous one. This was full of forgiveness. Jesse didn't know what was going on in Aiden's head but he did know that Aiden seemed to like it.

Not to mention the spray of the water from the waterfall slowly drenching them the longer they sat there.

Finally, Aiden pulled away and blushed. Jesse reached over and wiped away a small drop of water.

"What was that for?" he asked. Jesse smiled. "I love you, dummy."

Aiden smiled a little. "I love you too.." he rested his forehead against Jesse's and closed his eyes. "More than anything else in the world."

Jesse smiled and closed his eyes as well.

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼

(4:36pm)

"You mean I can stay with you guys?" Aiden asked as Jesse brought his things into the large wooden house. "Duh. You should've seen this coming. The moment you said that you've been living in a little shack in the woods.... well, I told Lukas and he practically blew his top."

"He's like a mom or something. That neat clean freak." Jesse whispered to Aiden, making the other boy grin mischievously. Lukas appeared at the doorway where Jesse was standing. "Yeah?" the blonde asked, smirking.

"We weren't talking about you. Don't get your panties in a bunch." Jesse said to him, as Aiden snorted.

"Shut up, Jes. Don't make me take away your Xbox privileges." Lukas said.

"We don't even have an Xbox, dummy."

Jesse rolled his eyes and guided Aiden upstairs, to the bedrooms. "Here." Jesse pushed open the door to the spare bedroom. "Sorry about the claw marks. Those were from the first time I shifted." Jesse said sheepishly, looking at the markings on the walls and the torn wallpaper.

"Nah it's fine. I tore up my own house many times as well." Aiden laughed, setting his bag on the floor. He was dressed in a light yellow cardigan and a plain black shirt. He had a pair of grey shorts and he was barefoot as per usual.

They had trekked through the forest and so Aiden's feet were muddy and had a few stray leaves stuck to them. But Jesse didn't mind.

Aiden stretched in front of the open window, and Jesse watched as the ends of his beautiful brown hair turned into golden strands.

Jesse covered his face and blushed. Why was Aiden so cute?

"What's wrong?" Aiden asked, smiling at the red faced boy.

"Nothing." Jesse could feel his face still heating up. Aiden walked over to Jesse and gently tipped his chin upwards, so that Jesse was looking straight into the lime green eyes. "Don't be so embarrassed, honey." he laughed softly.

"You're such a dork. And please don't call me-." Aiden pressed his lips against Jesse's, silencing him. "Oh yeah I can call you that." the lime eyed boy said.

And Jesse's knees collapsed underneath him.

"Um. Lukas?" Aiden called the blonde. Lukas poked his head into the room and blinked. "What did you do?" he asked as Aiden set Jesse down onto the bed.

"I think he fainted." Aiden snickered.

Lukas rolled his eyes. "Ah. The poor boy has too much of you." he teased, leaving the room as Aiden laughed harder. "He's too cute for words.." Aiden smiled at the unconscious Jesse.

"Well, you have your whole lives ahead of you, so take it slow y'all." Lukas called, going downstairs.

Aiden's smile faded a little as he rubbed his thumb against the sleeping boy's cheek. "Too bad I can't change the future..." Aiden whispered, closing his eyes.

-End