9:38pm (Waning Crescent Moon)*

(10/8/18)

Jesse's PoV

Jesse tried to fight back, trying to stay conscious as long as he could while Lukas tied him up with rope.

"L..Lukas. Run. I cant.." Jesse tried to stay human.

Lukas didn't say anything as he wound the rope around Jesse's wrists. When he finally wound the last of the rope, Jesse's thoughts shifted.

He was roped down, shivering as he tried to stand. He was angry. At Lukas. He wanted Lukas to apologise for whatever he said.

He wanted to make him pay.

Jesse groaned, suddenly feeling the pain in his stomach again.

Then he gasped, curling on the ground and finally giving in.

He burst free from the ropes and saw the door start to slam shut in front of him. But there was an opening, just a small crack in the wood as Lukas tried to shut the door.

And Jesse couldn't control himself before his instincts took over. He leapt at the door, now a fully grown silver-blue wolf-

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼

Lukas's PoV

"He's coming!" Petra yelled as she helped Lukas pull the heavy wooden door shut. He struggled, trying his best to shut the door on the incoming wolf.

But it was too powerful. The wolf snapped at Lukas, forcing the door open while barking loudly. It leapt at Lukas but the blonde boy rolled away. He then held up a length of spare rope, gasping for breath.

Now he had an angry wolf loose in the house.

"Jesse!" Petra yelled, but the wolf took no notice of her. It just fixed its familiar green eyes on Lukas and approached, its sharp nails clicking on the wooden floor. Lukas backed up against the wall, looking for something to stop the wolf. Grabbing blindly, he found something to help. He grabbed a vase and swung when the wolf lunged at him.

But for one heart beat, Lukas missed, accidentally smashing the vase against the wall instead. Lukas braced himself to get bitten-

"MOVE!" Petra yelled, shoving the wolf away, making it whine. Lukas gasped as the wolf and Petra rolled down the stairs. Lukas stood up just in time to see Petra fight the wolf by holding up a rod to prevent it from biting her.

"Hold on!" Lukas looked around to see a long wooden stick, which he picked up. Petra strained against the pole she was holding up against Jesse. "Hurry!" she cried, her arms shaking.

Lukas swiftly slid down the banister and whacked the wolf across the head, making it snarl at Lukas. The wolf turned to him, it's green eyes gleaming furiously. This wasn't Jesse. He had to keep reminding himself.

He started to run, throwing open the main door with the wolf running behind him.

He had to get somewhere safe.

"Lukas! NO!"

Somewhere.
Or someone who could help.

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼

Lukas dashed through the woods, making a lot of noise as Jesse ran behind him. The wolf had an advantage since it could run faster than Lukas, hear better and even see better in the darkness. So Lukas had to act fast.

Just as he reached a clearing, he found that he had reached a dead end. The silver-blue wolf ran out, panting slightly as it noticed that Lukas was trapped.

"Please Jesse... it's me." Lukas said, holding out a hand, his heart beating wildly. The wolf gashed it's razor sharp teeth at Lukas and crept closer. Soon, if it took three more steps, it would kill Lukas with one easy swipe of its claws against his throat.

Lukas swallowed. His plan failed.

Petra was probably somewhere in the house, trying her best to tidy things up before Lukas or Jesse came home. If... Lukas ever came home.

"I'm sorry.." Lukas's voice trembled as tears streamed down his cheeks. He's never been so afraid of dying at the hands of his best friend... what have they become?

The wolf snarled, reaching up and extending its claws.

A sharp howl sounded through the clearing and Lukas's eyes shot open. There was another wolf- with a coat of gold and brown. It attacked Jesse, pushing it away from Lukas.

He gasped, his back against the rocks as the two wolves circled each other.

Lukas watched as the brown wolf raked its claws against Jesse's face, earning him a long line across the side. Jesse immediately attacked back, snapping at the brown wolf's throat and drawing blood.

The wolf whined, pulling away, half of its face covered with the crimson liquid. Jesse looked at Lukas and narrowed his eyes before looking at the brown wolf, which was whining softly and trying its best to heal itself.

Jesse stood before the brown wolf, and turned, heading deeper into the woods and leaving Lukas and the wolf alone.

The brown wolf staggered to its feet, blood trailing down it's side and dripping onto the leafy ground. It turned to Lukas with its lime green eyes and slunk away, limping slightly.

-End