7:09pm (Waxing Gibbous Moon)*

(Night before the Full Moon)
(25/8/18)

Aiden stood outside at the porch, his arms leaning against the rails as he gazed upwards into the sky, which was steadily growing darker. They couldn't enter the cave, before all this because those meddlesome humans had blocked all the entrances. Aiden knew, that if he was a wolf, he would follow his instincts.

And his instincts would tell him to take shelter at the woods.

"What's wrong?" he heard someone say softly behind him. Aiden sighed, looking at the grass. "I'm a little worried for the pack."

There was a pause as Aiden heard the person behind him move to sit on a bench. Aiden figured it was just a pack member. So he didn't turn around. "Why though? They'll all be safe. I know it."

Aiden looked up at the sky again. "Yeah... I'm actually more worried about Jesse to be honest. About his predictions." He ran a finger across the wood, and watched an ant slowly climb up the banister and disappear into a hole. "Predictions? What do you mean?"

Aiden shrugged. "Well... he's been dreaming things. And they came true. Someone might get shot today."

There was a pause as the female voice hummed softly to herself. "I've been around for long so I know how those work. I think it's just a hallucination within werewolves as they dream between their two lives. Human. And wolf. As wolves have heightened senses, their human side would counterattack a wolves dreams and replace it with predictions of the future."

Aiden raised an eyebrow, but still didn't turn around. "So don't worry. It's all normal for a werewolf. Don't you get dreams too?" she asked.

Aiden narrowed his eyes. "Sometimes. But I know how to stop them."

"Really?" the woman sounded interested. Aiden nodded to himself. "You have to think of your happiest moment. Right before you sleep. I've trained myself."

"I'm sure you do, outcast."

The back of Aiden's neck prickled and he whipped around just in time to see the flash of a silver blade plunge into his stomach. He gasped, stumbling back and immediately feeling pain. "Just like how you killed him. Didn't you?" the woman said, twisting the blade.

"W-who-?" Aiden clutched the wood behind him, struggling to breathe. "Save the introductions, Aiden. I've been looking for you ever since you killed Ivor." she hissed, staring right at Aiden's eyes. "I wanted to see the pain in your eyes. As you take your final breath." she clenched her jaw and pulled out the knife, sending Aiden to the floor.

He held his stomach and looked up. "The name's Harper. But I doubt you'll ever live to find out why I'm doing this." she sneered, raising the blade above her head. Aiden looked up blearily. "Aren't you here... because of Ivor?" Aiden murmured, leaning against the railings and trying to heal himself.

"You naive fool." Harper smiled. "I came here to eliminate your pack. Once and for all." she kicked Aiden, making him gasp in pain. He shivered, feeling the shift coming on. No.. not now. He dug his nails into the wood.

"Are you shifting? Because silver doesn't work as well when you're a human. As a matter of fact. So please shift. And I'll kill you." Harper smiled.

Aiden closed his fist and the pain faded a little. "You.. you and Ivor are really a pair. The crazy.." Aiden shivered again, trying his best not to shift. "And the loony."

Harper grinned. "I'm surprised you're still talking, young one. You show a lot of promise. But what you don't show... is loyalty." Harper kneeled beside Aiden and ran the sliver blade across his cheek. Usually as a normal human, that would've been like a stinging sensation but as a werewolf... it was like fire.

Aiden blinked the tears away and wondered why- suddenly, Harper screamed with shock and surprise. Aiden looked up to see a large black wolf, pounce right on her and pin her down. It looked at Aiden and whined. Gabriel. Aiden didn't have enough energy to even call out.

Gabriel snarled at Harper and looked around, seeing no one. With that, he howled, making Aiden weakly press a hand against his ears, since it was rather loud. Almost immediately, the black door burst open and someone ran out. "I heard a wolf-." Jesse gasped.

Aiden weakly looked at him, hoping to see Jesse's green eyes for the last time. "Aiden- AIDEN NO! No you can't die-." Jesse kneeled beside Aiden and pulled off his own shirt to tie it around Aiden's stomach to stop the bleeding.

Aiden left hand clawed on the wood, and the other was weakly holding Jesse's clammy hands. "We'll get you help."

"No- shift. In hospital." Aiden muttered, starting to loose consciousness. "I cant.. I cant just let you die-!" Jesse pleaded. Aiden felt something drip onto his hand. Jesse was crying... Aiden wanted to help him wipe away his tears but he couldn't even move.

Aiden looked up at Jesse and saw the world slowly start to darken. "Protect the pack. Please.." he murmured as Jesse watched him start to die. There was a slam of the door in the background... followed by footsteps approaching.

"Aiden- you fart head- you're not dying." a new voice said as Aiden forced his eyes to stay open.

"You have a pack to lead."
"You're the alpha."
"You always was."
"So you're not dying."

Aiden felt someone hold up his arm and there was a moment of pain as if someone had injected something into him.

He closed his eyes, suddenly feeling cold. "Aiden- hold on-." Jesse's voice.

And far away... he heard.

He heard gunshots.

The hunt had begun.

-End