7:02am (New Moon)*

(11/8/18)

Jesse's PoV

Jesse took his book and walked outside, his hands were still shaking from his recent shift. He had almost killed Lukas... how could he?

Now he was going to maintain his distance. It was too dangerous... Jesse stood in front of the woods, his hair waving a little from the wind blowing through the trees. The woods were already ruined with memories.

The first time he got bitten... the attacks. The mystery of the lime eyed wolf. The pack. It was too much for Jesse to handle. Maybe he needed a change of scenery.

So he decided to walk to the sand playground nearby. And when he arrived, he sat on a bench, his knees drawn up to his chest and his book beside him.

Jesse watched silently as the children ran around, free of worries and the burden of life. He wanted to stop this. His shifting. Sooner or later... he would kill someone and not know.

He took out the flip phone and stared at it. With an angry cry, he snapped it in half, throwing it on the ground and stomped it into pieces. It sparked as Jesse stepped on it, but he didn't care. This was one link he had to those werewolves and he didn't want it anymore.

Jesse finally collapsed next to the phone, staring at the broken mess of metal and wires. And he started to cry, burying his face in his hands. He wanted it all to stop. And end before anything else goes out of hand.

Maybe this time... Jesse clenched his fists. He would finally kill that werewolf which started it all.

And he was going to do it all alone.

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼

15 hours later
(10:02pm)

Jesse stood in the woods, the same place where Ivor bit him. Jesse knelt on the ground, looking at a rusty bear trap, lying on its side. If only he didn't help that stupid guy. But then again, he wouldn't have met that mysterious brown-gold wolf.

Which reminded him... he stood up and closed his eyes, listening out for anyone approaching. If only he didn't hurt that wolf. But last night, Jesse was in a frenzy, trying his best to kill Lukas.

He didn't know what took over him. He just wanted to wipe that smirk off Lukas's face. Why was he feeling this way.? Lukas was his best friend and ever since Jesse's dad was killed by a bear... Lukas had always been there for Jesse.

But Jesse had a sneaking suspicion that Lukas wanted to become more than friends... the fact that Lukas always tried to make them be alone together in the living room. Trying to get his attention... everything. He had to stop this. Before it got too out of hand and destroy his friendship with the blonde forever.

However, just as he made up his mind to abandon this, a high pitched howl startled him, making him gasp. Jesse winced, pressing his hand to his head.

He looked up to see a wolf, staring at it as it approached him. It was that wolf. Ivor. But Jesse couldn't hear anything, that howl had deafened him. Crap. Jesse picked up a silver knife by its wooden handle and got ready to attack the hesitating wolf.

Why was Ivor a wolf though? It wasn't the full moon and he must've been a rather old member of the pack, which made him stop shifting every now and then like Jesse. Or maybe- a crack of a twig made Jesse whirl around just in time for a dagger to stab him right in the stomach.

"You tried to kill me, didn't you?" Ivor, as a human, smiled as Jesse fell to the ground, holding his wound with shaking hands. Ivor laughed and stepped onto Jesse's leg, making him wince with pain. He couldn't move.

"You're.. you're a monster." Jesse said quietly, trying to stay awake as blood started to sleep through his shaking fingers.

Ivor laughed, holding out his arms as the wolf who had distracted Jesse stood beside him. "I tamed these wolves, since our own pack was so miserable. Now I have my own and soon, I'll turn every child living in town into a werewolf, and once their parents find out..."

"They would have no choice but to kill their own children!" he laughed as the wolf howled beside him, as if laughing along. Jesse pressed the wound harder, trying to stay awake...

But Ivor looked down at him. "But too bad, you were my first experiment. And now..." Ivor held up a gun, "You have to be terminated." Jesse looked up at Ivor, struggling to breathe as Jesse braced himself to die.

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼

Petra's PoV

Petra looked up and out the window, hearing a howl again. She crept to the window, shakily holding onto the sides. And there, outside was a lime eyed wolf, looking right at her. Petra didn't know how it could see her through the glass...

It tipped its head back and howled again, calling for her. Petra turned around and made sure that Lukas was still asleep on the couch. He seemed peaceful enough.

The wolf started to walk into the woods, and look back at Petra, as if asking her to follow him. Slowly, Petra opened the back door and shivered in the wind, her nails digging into her skin as she fought the pain in her stomach.

The wolf slowly walked up to her and bent its head. Totally unwolflike. Petra reached out and brushed her hand against its fur. The wolf shook its head slowly, nodding to the woods in front of them.

Petra didn't know what to do. The green eyes looked at Petra silently and suddenly whined again, making her flinch. What did it want? Petra decided to talk to it...

"Do I follow you?"

It nodded a little and charged into the woods, looking back at her as if waiting for her. Taking a deep breath, Petra followed behind.

-End