1:02am (Waning Gibbous Moon)

28/7/18

Lukas slowly backed away, pulling Petra back as well. The wolf growled louder. This wasn't Jesse. This was just Jesse trapped in a wolf body.

The wolf howled and leapt at them but Petra quickly punched it away, making the wolf nearly bite her. Lukas pulled Petra out of the way and slammed the attic door right at Jesse's face, making him howl louder and scratch the door.

Petra and Lukas fell to the hard wooden floor, breathing hard. "What.. what just happened.?" Petra asked, holding her fist, where she had hit Jesse. Lukas still stared at the claw marks on the door, unable to process what just happened.

"Are you hurt?" Lukas asked Petra immediately, looking at her as she cradled her arm. "No, I'm fine. But... what should we do?" she asked, grabbing the railing of the staircase to lift herself up.

She was so pale, Lukas wondered if she had any blood left. "We... just lock him up for now. Until he.." Lukas couldn't say it.

"Until he changes back. But who knows when that'll be." Petra finished, picking up the fork she had dropped and her bag of Cheetos.

And then she had the audacity to start eating as well. "What? I'm hungry." she said to Lukas with her mouth full. Lukas rolled his eyes.

"We have to tell someone.. trustworthy." he said to her, still hearing Jesse scratch at the door and whine. Petra frowned.

"Don't tell me you're thinking about Jess. She's all the way in California, you douche." Petra shoveled more Cheetos into her mouth.

"Then who are you thinking of? The police? Because I'm pretty sure they'll 'shoot on sight'." Lukas made the quotation marks with his fingers like they do in shows.

Petra rolled her eyes. "You're being dramatic, blonde. Just call Olivia, she's smart. And she'll know what to do." With that, she ate more chips and started walking downstairs again.

"What? You're leaving me with him?" Lukas gestured to the door.

"Sorry! Can't hear you!" Petra sang as she went back to the living room. Lukas sighed, rubbing his arms, even though he was wearing a jacket.

Someone trustworthy.? Who could he trust? Honestly... he trusted Jesse. But now, he was the one who needed Lukas's help. However, just as he was about to head back to the kitchen to grab a glass of water, he realised that there was silence on the other side of the door...

Lukas slowly walked up to it and knocked... hoping for a reply.

It suddenly reminded of a childhood game he and Jesse used to play all the time.

They would play in cardboard houses and they would be separated by a single piece in the middle. Each time they wanted something or if they would want to talk, Jesse or Lukas would knock on that partition.

Lukas smiled at that memory... it reminded him of simpler times. Before he realised that he had feelings for him. But now.. Lukas frowned and gently pushed open the door.

Jesse was lying on the ground, human again. Lukas exhaled a little and was about to walk towards him but was stopped by the glass on the floor. Lukas carefully navigated his way around the glass and knelt beside Jesse.

Luckily, the trio kept a lot of blankets around the house, which Lukas found and wrapped that around Jesse. But Lukas did wonder how Jesse's old clothes came back onto his human form though... but thank goodness for that.

Lukas knelt on the floor with Jesse and started to cry, although he didn't know why... he was just exhausted and scared for his best friend..

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼

(8:28am)

When Jesse woke up, Lukas did too.

"Hey, calm down.. it's just me." Lukas said gently to the panicked Jesse, who sat up so suddenly, he almost hit Lukas on the forehead. Lukas couldn't help but feel pained by the expression on Jesse's face.

"What... oh no.." Jesse looked down at his hands. "No no no, I-."

"Jes, calm down... it's okay. We helped you.." Lukas said softly to the other boy. Suddenly, Jesse started to cry as he pulled Lukas into a hug.

"I.. I cant believe I tried to kill you.." he sobbed, holding onto Lukas tightly.

Lukas patted his best friend's back, "It's fine... none of us got bitten.." he said gently.

Petra stood in the corner, urgently talking to someone on the phone but Lukas just continued to hug the shaking Jesse.

Lukas had carried Jesse up to the guest room, which was rather difficult but at least he had a rather reluctant Petra, where there was a single white bed and a lamp.

Lukas had brought his own comfy blue chair from his bedroom, so he could sit on while Jesse was sleeping. With a window open in front of them, wind circulated around the room quite well.

"You can remember everything?" Lukas asked, holding Jesse by the shoulders as the brunette wiped away his tears, which were sparkling strangely. Jesse nodded silently, catching a drop of his tear on his finger.

"I can remember.. but all I could think of was attacking you. Any loud sound scared me... and I think it was based on pure instinct.." Jesse buried his head in his hands. "I don't wanna live anymore, Lukas... I'm evil." he whispered.

It pained Lukas to see Jesse like this. Powerless, helpless and terrified.

"Whoever did this to you, we have to find them and I'll make them pay." Lukas said angrily, clenching his fists.

Jesse wiped away his tears again, looking at Lukas helplessly. "I... don't want to hurt you."

Lukas smiled a little, "I know you will never hurt me, Jay." he used his childhood nickname for Jesse, making the brunette boy elbow him gently, blushing faintly. "Don't ever use that name. Remember?"

"Okay... but are you hungry?" Lukas asked, changing the subject, one of his infamous talents. Jesse wrapped a hand around his stomach, and nodded. "Kinda..."

"Then come on you slowpokes, breakfast is ready." Petra spoke up, pushing the door open and heading downstairs.

Jesse smiled weakly at Lukas and together, they made their way downstairs and to the kitchen.

-End