6:29pm (Waxing Gibbous Moon)

(Two days later)
6 days before the Full Moon
(20/8/18)

Lukas's PoV

Lukas was hugging Petra as she slept, having nightmares again. Jesse was at the other side of the room, drawing red lines through a map of the forest. These days, Jesse seemed to be more serious, stressed. And Lukas knew why.

All around town, the news had spread. The wolves were going to be put down by hunters. Just their luck, it would be the night all the werewolves had to shift. Jesse let out a frustrated groan and crumpled a piece of paper.

"What's-."

"Don't say it." Jesse held up a hand as the green eyed boy looked down at the collection of maps he had. "What do you think I wanted to say?" Lukas asked, gently shifting Petra around so she was comfortable.

"You're about to ask what's wrong. And then, as per usual, I'll answer with 'I'm fine' but actually, I'm not."

Lukas held up a hand. "Okay, okay. I'm just checking on you... jeez." he sighed. Jesse scowled and pinned up a photo of a wolf, with lime green eyes. He stared at it silently, as if he was thinking.

"Hey, you didn't tell me what happened to Aiden... I haven't seen him around.." Lukas said.

Jesse didn't move from his position. But Lukas could see a small tear trace his cheek. "We broke up." he said simply. No wonder... Jesse seemed really upset for the last two days.

Lukas sighed, holding Petra's hand tightly. "I'm sorry."

"Don't be." Jesse immediately said back and pinned up another wolf. A silver blue one. Himself. "It's not your fault. He wanted it that way." his voice was shaking really badly as he clenched his fists.

Lukas didn't know what to do. He was never the best at comforting people. He looked down at the book he was writing and wrote down the possible cures for a werewolf. Which was a joke because he had never written anything down in it.

Petra frowned a little in her sleep and rested her head on Lukas's shoulder, her arm resting on his. "I have to find a way to get them out." Jesse murmured to himself as he pinned up another wolf. A light-brown one, its head tilted back as it howled at the full moon. "I have to.."

He continued pacing around the room, muttering some words Lukas couldn't quite catch. "Stupid jerk. Leaving me alone even when I needed help." Lukas did catch that one sentence though.

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼

(9:46pm)

Lukas shut the door quietly and went downstairs. Jesse and Petra were asleep upstairs but Lukas... he couldn't sleep. He slid a mug across the table and sighed, filling it up with hot chocolate. Suddenly, he heard the door creak open and the back of his neck prickled.

Lukas turned, and threw the mug straight at- Aiden? "Hold up! It's just me.." he caught the mug just before it shattered on the ground. But it's contents spilled all over the polished wooden floor though.

"Aiden.. sorry. I thought you were a burglar or something." Lukas sighed as Aiden tossed him the ceramic mug. But he wasn't expecting it and the mug joined the hot chocolate on the floor. "Wow. You have really good reflexes." Aiden said sarcastically as he wiped up the drink.

"Shut up. At least give me a warning next time, man." Lukas picked up the broken fragments. Aiden rolled his eyes. His lime green eyes. Just like the wolf in Jesse's pictures. Just like the wolf he saw last time.

"I suppose you know about the werewolves." Aiden said as he picked up an apple. "No shit, I live with two werewolves."

Aiden looked at him, confused. "Two? I thought you lived with three."

Lukas frowned. "No? It's just Jesse and Petra. Who's the third one?"

Aiden waved away his question. "Yeah. That was a stupid question. But another one. Is Jesse angry with me?"

Lukas tapped his chin. "Well, when Jesse gets mad, he breaks things and so far, he's broken five clocks, two mugs and our only bathroom mirror. He tried to break our bedroom window but Petra had to hold him back. So I say, he's super mad."

Aiden winced, "Oh... I didn't know it'll be that bad... but I know he's sleeping now, right?"

Lukas nodded. "Yeah, why?"

Aiden exhaled. "Because I might've found a way to live. But I'm going to need all the help I can get."

Lukas looked Aiden. "How?"

"I'm going to move them. I found a cave near the lake and it looked really spacious. Spacious enough to be able to live inside without any hunters knowing."

"But you're talking about at least five werewolves. Can they all fit inside?"

"I'm talking about ten. And yes, I walked around inside and it's more of a underground cavern. With a natural light source and fresh water from the lake. I've planned everything." Aiden said confidently, his eyes shining.

Lukas sat on the stool in the middle of the kitchen and placed his mug of hot chocolate on it. "That's not a bad plan actually." he said.

Aiden nodded. "I'll do anything to save the pack. I owe them."

Lukas frowned. "What do you mean?"

The other boy sighed and turned to face the window. He linked his fingers behind his head. "Because they saved my mother. She was a werewolf too, but she died a few years ago. The hunters shot her."

"I was supposed to be the leader of the pack... but ever since she died..." Aiden shook his head, dropping his arms. "I'd rather be alone. Anyway. But she was the one who taught me how to speak to birds, and how to actually survive. As a human, and a wolf."

"You're a born werewolf?"

Aiden frowned, his green eyes dimming. "No. You cant be born a werewolf. Ivor bit me. Didn't Jesse say anything?"

Lukas shook his head, making Aiden's shoulders droop. "Oh... he must be really mad." he said, kicking the floor gently with his foot.

"I really... wanted to say sorry for keeping all this from him. But Lukas..." The blonde looked up when Aiden said his name.

"Just tell him the plan... okay? I don't want to die."

-End

(Did you guys see the Blood Moon? Wow..) perfect timing as well. 👌🏻