1:01pm (Waxing Crescent Moon)

(13/8/18)

"Green?" Jesse felt his heart beating wildly. Because Aiden stood in front of Jesse, his right eye was yellow... but the left, where Stella had scratched him... was green.

Lime green.

Like the brown and gold wolf.

But Aiden couldn't be...

"You wear contact lenses?" Jesse asked, looking at the green eyes. Aiden nodded, rubbing away more blood from his eye. "No wonder your eyes are yellow and lime."

He needed answers.

He needed Aiden to confess.

"Actually..." Aiden sighed and pulled out a contact lenses case. He turned to the sink and Jesse waited.

"Better?" Aiden looked at Jesse, who now had two very familiar lime green eyes. Jesse didn't know why he wanted to either cry, or punch Aiden across the face.

"Y..yeah. But why do you hide the actual colour of your eyes?"

Aiden smiled a little, looking at the mirror. "Because... I used to go to a school far away from here and bullies always attack me. So once I transferred here, I decided to change my appearance so that they wouldn't recognise me."

"Oh..." was all Jesse could say.

He needed to confess. He needed to tell Aiden that he was a werewolf. Instead, he said something else ridiculously stupid. "Um.. do you like tacos?"

Aiden blinked, a drop of blood trailing down his cheek, which was a bit distracting. "Tacos? Yeah. Why?" there was an amused smile on his face.

Jesse took a deep breath. "Doyouwanttogooutwithme.?" he rushed. Amazingly, Aiden knew what Jesse was saying. "You mean... like a date?"

"Um.." Jesse blushed furiously. "Y-yeah." he stammered. Why couldn't he just stop his heart from beating ridiculously fast? "Sure. What time?"

Was he serious?

"Tonight, around seven." Jesse said, a smile on his face. This was too good.

Again, Aiden nodded. "Okay... well, I have to go now. Detention and suspension after all." he rolled his eyes and winced. "Oh don't do that, your eye is bleeding." Jesse said.

"I know. That was just a habit." Aiden said, a small laugh escaping from his lips.

"Well, I'll see you tonight, Jesse." he said as the door gently swung closed.

Jesse smiled to himself. "See you.."

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼

(6:29pm)

Jesse walked up to the best taco restaurant in the whole of the town. Now he could unravel the mystery of the lime eyed wolf... and he hoped it was Aiden. Dressed in a blue hoodie, and black jeans, Aiden was leaning against the wall, listening to music from his headphones.

There was a black crow at his feet, waiting patiently like a dog. It hopped around Aiden, as if it was pacing. Weird but still, Aiden didn't seem to notice.

"Hey." Jesse called, waving at Aiden. He didn't look up. Instead, the crow took one look at Jesse and pecked at Aiden's shoes.

"Hey, what's up Tabitha? How many times have I told you- oh... hi Jesse." Aiden finally noticed him and slung his headphones around his neck.

Jesse smiled and looked at the crow. "It's name is Tabitha?" It blinked up at him. "Yep, she's a pain sometimes though." Aiden held out a hand and she flew onto it.

"She's cool." Jesse admitted. Aiden smiled and Jesse finally had a good look at his injured he was. The bruising was faint around his arm and his left eye was bandaged.

"I'm not blind though, so don't worry." Aiden said with a smile, noticing that Jesse was staring at his eye. "But my depth perception is a bit wonky."

"As in, I cant really see well if things are too close to me." Aiden explained patiently as Jesse looked at him, confused.

And Jesse smiled. This was going to be a good night.

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼

(7:01pm)

"I cant believe you said that!" Jesse laughed as he and Aiden left the restaurant. "What? She was asking for it."

"I just asked her if she knew any taco jokes, since she worked there. And when she said she didn't know any, I decided to help her!" Aiden smiled.

"Yeah, and you replied her with, "Why is your mom a taco?" then you said, "Because she's fat and only worth a dollar!"

"She asked for it." Aiden repeated, smiling. "And she chased us out with a taco." Jesse replied, shaking his head. Aiden grinned, his eyes flashing mischievously.

"Let's taco 'bout it."

Jesse groaned. "Jeez, stop. If I hear one more joke about tacos, I'm going to kill you."

Aiden shoved his hands into the pockets of his hoodie, a small smile on his face. "Thanks Jesse."

Jesse looked over at Aiden, hesitating for awhile. Finally, he spoke up. "You're welcome... it was nice hanging out with you.. um.. now where do you want to go? We can go to the park-."

Aiden dropped his smile and immediately looked terrified. "No. Not the park."

Jesse blinked, confused by his sudden fear. "Why?"

Aiden looked at him for a minute and turned away, looking right at the gates of the park, which was nearby.

"Just... don't go there. Okay?" he sounded scared. And it was the first time Jesse had ever heard him like that. "Okay, okay... we won't." Jesse led Aiden away... but now he had a new mystery to solve. Why was Aiden afraid of the park?

"We can go to my house." Jesse offered. Aiden stopped and suddenly looked up at the moon, which gleamed softly amongst the silver stars.

Jesse and Aiden were now standing in the middle of a grassy field, just looking up at the moon. "Pretty, right?" Aiden said.

Jesse didn't want to admit it but... he was now afraid of the moon. He didn't want to shift. To hurt more people like Petra, who was a wolf, since she still had a few days where she had to become stable. "Yeah..."

There was a moment of silence as they stared up at the moon. After almost ten minutes, Jesse felt Aiden take his hand..

-End