5:39pm (Waxing Gibbous Moon)

(Night before the Full Moon)
(25/8/18)

It's been two days ever since Jesse had that nightmare... and Aiden couldn't help but feel worried. The full moon was in six hours. More or less. And already... there's been talk in the town.

"They're getting the guns out." Petra said, pacing around the living room as Lukas stared out the window, and at the barricades surrounding the woods. "We only get one shot at this. One shot. If they find out about the cave... we're done for." Jesse muttered to himself, pacing around with Petra.

"Hey, don't think negative.." Aiden said, holding up a hand. Jesse looked at him with terrified eyes. "There's still so many things I have to find out... that mysterious wolf... Ivor's pack... our predictions. I... I'm not ready." Jesse was freaking out so Aiden got up from the couch and wrapped his arms around the boy.

"Hey, don't. Freak. Out." Aiden advised him, and he felt Jesse melt into his embrace. "Mhmm.." but Aiden could tell that he was still very nervous.

Suddenly, the doorbell rang, making Aiden, Lukas and Jesse look at each other. But Petra was the only one who jumped up and answered it. "Who in their right mind..." Aiden faltered when he saw them.

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼

(5:47pm)

Jesse's PoV

Petra had opened the door and a man entered the room, followed by other people as well. "Petra? Who are all these..." Jesse stopped when he saw her.

"They're the pack... but in human forms." Petra said simply, gesturing to the people making their way around the living room. Only two people stood at the door though, unsure if they should enter.

"Just come in. I invited everyone." Petra said, opening the door wider. The girl nodded silently and fixed her brown eyes on Jesse. He could remember that face. That same she-wolf, tilting its head back and howling at the moon.

And he didn't expect this.

"Just go on in, Olivia." Axel said, gently guiding her into the house.

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼

(6:15pm)

She sat in front of him, clutching a mug of hot chocolate with shaking hands. "Why didn't you tell me?" Jesse asked her. Olivia wiped away a tear from her cheek. "I didn't know you guys were wolves too..."

Axel placed a protective hand on her shoulder and they exchanged a glance. Finally, they broke their gaze and Axel turned to Jesse. "Ivor. He turned her... he started with you but he went after both of us. I don't know why... seeing that he's dead, we can't get any answers." Axel looked at Aiden, who moved a little closer to Jesse.

"What would you want us to do? Keep him as a pet?" Jesse scoffed. Lukas folded his arms, "So Aiden was right... there was a third werewolf. Who was also our friend."

"I'm sorry... but ever since we moved away... it's been really difficult to keep in contact with you guys." she sighed, gripping the mug with both hands. Petra sat beside her and patted her back comfortingly. "It's alright... I'm not the one who's sappy, so let's just get this plan over with."

She stood up and waved at everyone. "Attention! Attention everyone." everyone looked over at her. Jesse smirked at Petra, who punched him lightly. "Okay, so we have a plan on how to survive tonight. I know the woods have been surrounded, but Aiden-."

"You're trusting him? The cast out?" Magnus spoke up, folding his arms and glaring at the line eyed boy, who shrunk away from him. "Yeah, I'm trusting him. You have a problem with that?" Petra asked sternly and even though Petra was younger than Magnus, even he shrank away from her hard gaze.

"So here's the plan." she turned to the others, who wisely kept quiet. "There's a cave in the woods, near a very green clearing. And outside, there's a simple mark I made with dirt. Subtle enough to not be seen, but very noticeable if you're looking out for it." Petra said. Jesse was a little impressed by her planning.

"And.!" Lukas held up a hand, turning everyone's attention to him. "Beware of the traps I've set around.. okay? Follow your instincts. Those are meant to trap as many humans as possible. So stay on the high alert."

"You're a human aren't 'cha?" Jordan asked, brushing a little of his blue tipped hair away from his face. Lukas hesitated a little and frowned at him. "Yeah. Why?" Lukas challenged him.

"Oh come on guys, focus. I wanna survive tonight." Chase said, standing in between them. "Hey, since when you're the alpha? You can't command us." Magnus spoke up, looking at Petra.

"Unless you have a better plan, egghead." Petra snapped at him.

Magnus opened his mouth to retort but he was interrupted, "I agree with the girl." Gabriel said. "We have to get to that cave as soon as possible... and you.." he looked at Petra. "Can lead us."

Petra blinked. "But shouldn't Soren lead? He's the alpha isn't he?"

"She's right. There's no way a girl can lead us. She doesn't have that stamina." Magnus spoke up.

There was a silence. And then Petra calmly picked up a knife and palmed it. "Really?"

"You're so sexist." Ellegaard said to Magnus, who frowned at her. "Oh come on, Ellie. Really? There's no way I'm following a girl-." he stopped when Petra threw the knife at him and narrowly missed his eye, making him stop mid-sentence.

"Questions?" she asked as everyone stared at the knife. "Damn. I love her." Lukas muttered. "Anyway..." Gabriel cleared his throat and held up a hand.

"I feel like we should take a vote. We're humans. Not wolves. We don't have to follow a pack's hierarchy rules as long as there's an alpha and beta. No matter the gender." he glared at Magnus.

"So what are you saying? You want these pipsqueaks to take over?" Magnus demanded, gesturing to Petra, Lukas, Aiden and Jesse.

Soren finally spoke up. "I do actually... we're getting old and I guess it's time to step down."

"You can't be serious, Soren... really?" Magnus protested.

Soren looked at Jesse and nodded. "I believe in them anyway."

-End