Chapter 1

Author's Note:

This was the very first full length story I have completed and have come to love all of the characters, even the ones I wrote for you and even me to hate. I hope you all like it as much I do when I wrote it and still re-read it from time to time. I would love feedback to tell me which characters you love and ones you'd want to light on fire in a ditch, and trust me a couple of them I want to light on fire and smack upside the head. 

I'm especially proud because I have been working on the sequel A New Normal and hopefully a third book in the future. I'm having a blast writing the sequel too, so if you liked this one I encourage you to check out the second book. 

Thank you so much and happy reading my children!

____________________________________________________________________________________

            She wandered the woods alone that night, like always. The sky was clear of everything, but the full moon and stars. She loved hearing the whistling of the wind and the tickle through her hair made her giggle. Head tops of trees swished and swayed more than usual that night. Howling went off in the distance, making her stride more in that direction. Nothing ever stopped her from going out at night, other than the rain or snow.

                Stop! Please, its is a trap!

                She jumped. Fiercely she looked around. Tree tops continued to sway. The howling got louder. The wind didn't tickle when it went through her hair, but felt like shards of ice being thrown at her.

                "Ahh!" Her voiced shrieked loudly, but it didn't sound like hers. The voice sounded more evil and high pitched.

                "What's going on? Who-what? Help!" The evil spoke, but with her anxiety.

                Hurry! Come with me!

                Another gust of wind came at her, feeling like more ice was being thrown at her. Her skin burned and itched from the contact. Parts of her sweatshirt sleeves were ripped and blood trickled gently.

                She stood still.

                You have got to get out of there!

                She started whimpering.

                Come with me! Now! Please!

                Now, she started shaking. How was she supposed to respond or follow something she could not even see?

                Gah!

                There was a cold chill that felt on her wrist, almost like something was grabbing her. The coldness felt tight around her wrist. She tried to pull her hand to her chest, but it did not move. She tried again. Nothing. Again, nothing happened.

                "Come on!" There was her voice, finally. She twitched her arm back to her chest. It worked! But it flung back all the same.

                "Nos," the evil snapped. It so effortlessly took control of her vocal cords with no able fight from her. How was she supposed to fight something inside her?

                "No?" She questioned the previous word in reposition. "I didn't say that."

                "Nos," the evil spoke amused.