Chapter 9

Calt continued to pace back and forth. The only sound being made was his steel-toed boots slapping against the tile floor as he groaned. Ret sat at the table in the corner of the kitchen quietly watching Calt. He made no attempt to stop him and help think of a plan. It was all boring and he knew sooner or later his son would find the girl and he would be able to find them and capture her swiftly. They just had to wait a little bit, but Calt had no intension of waiting.

                He groaned again and spun around quickly to glare at Ret. “Will you get off of you ass and help me think of a plan?”

                Ret crossed his arms over his built chest and stared him down. “I already tell you my plan, so nos.”

                “Gah!” Calt threw his hands up in the air dramatically and rested them entwined behind his head as he continued to glare at Ret. “Then why the hell you stilling here?”

                “Because I know you will go looking for my son and I won’ts let you hurt him,” he answered nonchalantly.

                “Oh, so you don’ts want to find the girl?” Calt folded his arms and raised an eyebrow angrily.

                “I want to find the girl, but I will nots let you hurt my son.”

                “You know he’s already a traitor to you, Ret. He chose a silly Human over you, his own father. That must hurt really.” Calt smirked at him, but he didn’t seem fazed.

                “My son is innocent and naïve.”

                “Oh, so you are nots worried that she is taking you’re son away from you?”

                “Why would I be? He is naïve and innocent. He will figure it out on his own liking he always does and come contact me.”

                “If you think that.” Calt shrugged and started to walk out of the room when Ret’s voice stopped him.

                “Why do you say it like that?”

                Calt turned around and stared innocently at him. “Like what?

                “Liking you knows something I do nots.”

                Calt shook his head taken aback. “I have no ideas what you talk about.”

                “Don’ts play dumbs, Calt.” Ret narrowed his eyes at him.

                “Fine.” Calt rolled his eyes. “All I know is that Sruck had a vision of your son with the girl.”

                Ret sat up straighter at the statement and placed both of his hands on the table. He looked at Calt anxiously. “What vision?”

                “I shouldn’ts say.” Calt tried to tip-toe around telling him just to get on his nerves and it seemed to be working.

                “What vision?” He repeated. “How do you know this?”

                “Well . . .”