Chapter 19

The past two months of non-stop training has been more or less dreadful for Kelsy. They tested her physical, mental and physiological state. She was given barely the rest of the day after she was rescued and discussed with the Family on what to do with her. Luckily Karlme did not leave her side other than using the bathroom and sleeping in separate rooms.

The Family had allowed all of them that were not due to be for dead or stored away stay in the guest chambers of the palace. The palace was so much bigger then she thought-including the four kitchens, seven dining rooms and twelve living rooms there was no wonder that the whole Family lived there with the thirty guest chambers they had and many, many servants and guards kept around.

The guest chambers were divided to the females on the far east side, the males on the far west side, then they were split up depending on the situation with the people or creatures that were staying with them. The couple's chambers were a hall away from the females. The single females with young babies were a hall away from that. There were chambers specific for the elderly were in a secluded portion a floor below the female's hall. Chambers were dedicated to the especially ill visitors. The servant's chambers were a floor beneath the male's hall. Many libraries, media rooms and fitness rooms were set up throughout the palace. The Family's chambers were at the far north of the palace. She hasn't personally seen them, but she has heard that they were extremely grand.

Courtyards were centered outside the female hall, male hall, and the far north and south. Centered in the middle of everything was a large garden with pons, swings and a lake surrounding the garden. The only way to get in was to cross miniature bridges. The flowers were exotic or foreign looking so Kelsy didn't recognize them. Karlme and her walked through several times and just sat during the night while Karlme would try to relax her sore muscles. They wouldn't say much about anything.

Kelsy shared a room with Tesha while Karlme shared a room with Mucka, Soom, Sruck, and Kayleb. That was always interesting for Kelsy to go see Karlme and a yelling match was always going on. Why they weren't put in separate rooms, she didn't know. Karlme would have done quiet fine with just Sruck and Soom, but with Mucka and Kayleb always fighting over the stupid prophecy, it was no wonder Karlme spent most of the day with her.

She wasn't sure where Ret and Calt were sent to and she really didn't care. After all of what they did to her, it was the least minimal thing to just store them some place. For Nepto, Kelsy was never able to meet and thank the Rocky character that killed him off. It was a relief to hear the fact Nepto was dead, but she still, she didn't know where Rocky had gone. Over the time no one was really talking about him she assumed he was safe and sound with his family. He hasn't even contacted Sruck, his suppose it best friend.

She was able to meet Sel's family a week into staying at the palace. Apparently, Tis wasn't a foreign cousin or something to Sel, but she still thinks so. She tried to give his mother back the necklace, but she reclined saying it was his destiny and now hers to learn how to use it and to pass it down to the next generation of her lineage. She had only hugged Kelsy and blubbered from pride for her son. They had a ceremony for Sel and buried him alongside the other males above him. She learned that the males and females in a family were not buried with each other-not even the spouses. It was odd to her, but she was respectful otherwise.

Surprisingly, after only a couple of weeks of being at the palace Tesha had grown such a strong hatred for Ret that he was practically obliterated from her memory and thought process. That was a very good thing that occurred because Sruck and Tesha are now together. Karlme thankfully wasn't opposed to the idea of having a new "father" in his life, but he strongly disliked the fact that Sruck kept teasing him about what he saw and that they were "the loopiest, looniest love birds he has ever met"-in Sruck's world that was an amazing punch line. It really wasn't.