Chapter 12

The four of them rushed into her room and watched a tall figure in a black cloak carrying her bridal style. It turned to look at them and they got a good look at her. Her lips were starting to turn purple and the whites of her eyes were starting to turn red, but strange enough she wasn’t struggling or blinking for that matter.

                Mucka started to shake and run towards the tall figure as they heard the cracking and shifting of bones. The figure disappeared into a mist before Mucka could clobber him in his now large, black wolf form. Mucka growled angrily and stomped his front paws into the floor.

                “Who was that?” Soom asked nervously.

                Kayleb walked over and turned in a circle a couple of time in the spot the figure was just in. He moved his hands above and about his head before looking at them sadly. “I cannots ge’ anything. This man has to be working for a wizard or warlock of some sorts.”

                “And Kelsy?” Karlme asked him, shaking slightly from his own anger, but he wouldn’t be shifting like Mucka.

                Kayleb stared at him for a few moments before gulping and looked at Mucka, hoping he would shift before he said the last part of. Mucka rolled his wolf eyes, but seemed to pick up on Kayleb’s anxiety when it came to his wolf. Mucka’s bones cracked and shifted to their smaller form of his two-legged body. Thankfully his clothes were all on him, but he had a look of murder that always frightened him. “She was poisoned and possessed.”

                The faces of everyone contorted, but Karlme’s. He just looked guilty and bit his bottom lip. At least he then knew that there was a reason for Kelsy’s strange behavior and outburst towards him. He cracked his fingers down at his sides and didn’t look up from the floor.

                Mucka growled and balled his hands. “And what the hell do we do?”

                “We try to find her,” Kayleb said in a scary, calm voice.

“Now, how the hell do ya expect us to do that?” Mucka glared at him, his eyes now starting to turn black.

“We can assume that the man had to be helping Ret and Calt—“

“I thought you said that he was working for a wizard?” Mucka raised an eyebrow at a red faced Kayleb.

“Which are probably working with Calt and Ret.”

“How do you know they didn’ts just tell ‘lots of Booshundians about this so they could kill her themselves?” Mucka challenged, crossing his arms over his chest.

“Father and Calt would never do that when they could have all of the glory for themselves,” Karlme explained in a small voice. It was true, even though it made his stomach churn and his skin crawl. He looked up and stared at the three men in front of his.

“So, the plan?” Soom asked.

First, where are they?” Mucka asked.

“Nos, first we get more help,” Kayleb said.

“Nos, one else is to know about this,” Karlme said softly. “We can only try to find her, I guess.” He really didn’t know where she could be, but could only think that they had to be underground or at Calt’s home, but it was too small to be having a Human hide there.

“Alright,” Mucka started to the doorway, his back facing the three of them. “Me and Soom will start searching for them and Karlme and Kayleb will go check on his mom and Sruck. Then bring them back here and inform them on everything going on.”