Chapter 21:

Karlme watched Kelsy amusingly while she was doing cartwheels. He tried them, but he couldn’t understand why the Humans did that. Plus he just couldn’t steady himself very well upside-down. She was smiling and laughing while she did a thing called a straddle. Apparently it’s the movement of jumping in the air and spreading out your legs to form an in air split. He didn’t understand it really, but it looked like it hurt.       

                “Karlme! Come on!” Kelsy called to him after she finished doing a backbend.

                He shook his head grinning. He shoved his hands into his pockets staring at her. She made a face at him and ran off into the nearby trees. She was out of view at that point, which didn’t really worry him as it would have months ago.

                The last month and a half of training has been really hard on Kelsy. She was being pushed to the limits with her psychological of the necklace. Sel’s mother started coming over every day for three hours, showing her meditation and certain thought processes she had to have when using the necklace’s powers. She had to practice using the powers more with her mind than any other times because that’s how Sel mostly used his powers.

                She would ask him all the time if she was doing it right and saying she had to practice or meditate instead of hanging out with him. Even when she was exhausted she was still forced to do all of that.

                Tis hadn’t let up with the training he had started her on in the beginning. It only progressed to more physically demanding things other than just the running, defense and sword practices. He started one on one combat with Kelsy. She was no match at all compared to his strength and agility. She would go to Karlme every night with browses, black eyes and busted lips. He healed them as best he could, but some did leave scars. He couldn’t do anything to help her because Tis had forbidden him from going on the runs with her and watching during training. Guards were set up in and out of the room so he had no chance of getting in. He relied on Soco to help her out.

                His mother he was thrilled to see getting really happy with Sruck. The two of them had decided to get a new home for the three of them and demolish his and his mother’s former one. It was nice to have someone he could go to, even if he teased him non-stop. It was worth it. Sruck helped him out with picking what berries to combine and helping control his new rage with transforming.

                Kelsy named his transformation Slash. Slash had become an odd part of him that he only saw a couple times a year before Kelsy came into his world—becoming his world. She helped him control Slash by just being around him.

                Kayleb and the others couldn’t understand Slash, but his mother says as long as he doesn’t hurt anyone who doesn’t deserve to be hurt then he is fine. His mother was now all smiles with Sruck.

                “Yo, little man?” He turned to Sruck walking with his arm wrapped protectively around his mother’s waist. Sruck grinned at him.

                “Yeah?”

                “We have some big news for ya,” Sruck gestured to the trees with no sign of Kelsy. “Ya wanna get Kelsy first so we can tell you both?”

                “Uhh . . . okay? But what is the big news?” Karlme raised an eyebrow before Soom ruffled his hair. Karlme ducked away from him and ran a hand through his hair trying to fix it. He glared at Soom. “You know it is only finally starting to grow and I would nots like you touching it, please.”