Chapter 16

“Are you ready?” Mucka asked Karlme.

                He nodded and turned to the men squatted behind them. All, but the shifters were in armor and had some sort of weapon. They were all determined and split up into their specific groups.

                Mucka nodded to Karlme. He looked over to Rocky and signaled with his pointer and middle fingers out and down. He nodded to them then to his group.

                He and his group stood up. All knees were bent. All arms lifted and hands clenched. They swayed their hands and knees down to the side. The ground rumbled and opened up into an underground passage. Rocky smirked and folded his arms.

                Mucka nodded and looked over to Tesha, Sruck and Kayleb. They were squatting with the four other psychics they acquired. He put up three fingers, signaling Kayleb and two others to stay behind and keep watch. Those three nodded. Tesha and the last two psychics entered the secret passage un-armed or armor.

                Mucka looked to Rocky and pointed. He and his group moved over to the other of the open field. They repeated the process, forming a second secret passage. Mucka nodded to them.

                He gestured to the small group of Shifter and Controllers to go down the newly formed passage. They did so, being led by Soom and Mucka himself. He was the last one to the passage. He locked eyes with Karlme and said, “Good luck.”

                Karlme nodded reluctantly. “You too.”

                “You know where to meet after the job is done.”

                “I know,” he murmured.

                Mucka looked towards Rocky and his group. “Divide, spread, attack, find!”

                “Yes, sir!”

                “Move out!” Rocky barked.

                His group divided into the passages. Kayleb and one psychic stood over one opening while the other two stood over the other.

                Sruck walked over to Karlme and squatted down next to him. They looked through the windows they were able to find popping out of the ground. The room was large. Only white walls and creatures walking in and out of a Controller’s made hole in the left wall. None of the creatures neither Karlme nor Sruck recognized.

                “Come on,” Karlme hissed.

                “Be patient,” Sruck whispered. Karlme rolled his eyes at him. “We’ll find her, little man.” Karlme looked at him unsteadily. Sruck nodded surely. “We’ll find her, little man. My visions are never wrong,” He gave a half smile. “Either are Tesha’s,” his face lit up at the mention of his mother.

                “Maybe we will both get the girl.” Karlme forced a smile.

                “I don’ts like your mom.” Sruck blushed, not daring to look Karlme in the eye.

                “And I do nots like Kelsy,” Karlme retorted sarcastically snorting. They continued to watch creatures come in and out of the hole uselessly. It didn’t seem like anything was going to happen. Karlme groaned impatiently. “When are we going to go down there and attack Ret and Calt?”

                “When I get news from the others.” Sruck looked to the far right of the room. He squinted his eyes and widened them. “Karlme?”