Chapter 20

Ret sat in the corner of his newly located cell quietly. He had his knees pressed up to his chest and his arms wrapped around them to pull them closer to him. He begged for a warmer room, but the guards only beat him for it. He was browsed, cold and lonely.

                He deserved it and he knew that fact.

                He messed up so badly with Tesha and Karlme there would never be a hope of fixing if he ever got out—what is he even say? He’s never getting out. Much less not living. He had help take a Human from his son and try to send her for dead to the Family.

                “Stupid. Stupid. Stupid,” he muttered uselessly to himself.

                Some of the new captures brought in heard about what he did-some agreed with what he did and others beat him for it.

                He deserved it.

                They caught parts of his clothes, ripping and tattering them.

                He deserved it.

                He heard some of the guards who walked the halls talking about Sruck and how he hit something big with getting the beautiful psychic that helped save the Human from Calt and himself. He knew it was his love, Tesha. He still loved her with all his heart, but he knew she would never love someone that harms her son.

                He deserved it.

                A smash made the wall in front of him knock down. He shielded his face in his knees and heard, “Hello, Ret.”

                He looked up knowing exactly who it was. “What do you want, Calt?”

                “Revenge, of course,” Calt said it as though it was the most obvious thing in the world. Calt smirk and gestured with his head to follow him.

                Before Ret could snap at Calt, Nepto appeared by Calt’s side right as the sirens were going off, indicating a break out. Their break out that wasn’t involving Ret. No way.

                “Come on, Ret, Do you nots want your son and beauty back?” Nepto put his hands on his hips, smirking.

                Ret looked down then back at their attire. Both of their clothes were ripped and tattered like Ret’s, but what shocked him was that Nepto didn’t have his black hooded cloak. He always has his cloak.

                “Oh do nots worry yourself, Ret. I will be getting my very fine cloak back before we leave.” Nepto’s holes in his face were larger now and more revealing of flesh and partly bone at the top of his head.

                “So, are you coming or nots, Ret?” Calt demanded impatiently. He folded his arms and tapped his foot.

                Ret sighed, got up and followed them through the busted down wall.