Chapter 14

“Karlme!” A voice he recognized as Kelsy’s called to him.

“Kelsy?” He looked around and saw nothing. Everything was covered in white. There was no sky, ground or middle-man.

“Karlme!” She called again.

He frantically looked around again, but still saw nothing. “Kelsy? Kelsy, where you are? I cannots see you or anything.” Was he actually going crazy or was this how it was supposed to be?

“Please, help!”

“Please! Where you ares? Kelsy, where you ares?” His voice cracked at the end as he kept looking at white.

“I don’t know, but . . .”

He waited, but she didn’t continue. His eyebrows scrunched up. “But what? But what? Kelsy!”

“The man . . . nineteen days . . . green boy and-and Calt and Ret. Shackles and a wall?” Her voice was slowly becoming distant, but Karlme could still make out her voice pretty well.

“What does all of thats stuffs mean?” He couldn’t process what she was rambling desperately on about, but he couldn’t lose her as that would possibly mean never hearing or knowing that she was alive ever again. “What do you see?” No answer. “Kelsy?” Again, no answer. “Kelsy, please,” he begged to nothing.

“Black.”

“Black,” he repeated. He mouthed the word to himself a couple times to see if he could put everything she told him together, but he couldn’t. None of what she was saying made any sense. “Black? Kelsy, are you in a dark rooms?”

He heard a feminine snort and knew it was her mocking him. “No room.”

“Then where is could you be?” He tried to list some possibilities in his head, but nothing came up.

“Hell.”

 Karlme woke with a start, panting. He looked around and saw lots of the men walking. To Mucka probably as he was always the one that took lead. He stood and followed in the back so hopefully no one would talk to him.

“Ready for tonight?”

He looked up at the man that was looking down at him with a chilling grin. “Yes,” he murmured, trying to avoid as much conversation with the man as possible.

A lot of the men they gathered gave him an uneasy feeling because they weren’t fighting to get Kelsy back, but to get back at Calt, Ret and all the other aristocrats in the court that they spat at. They all would grin in an evil way that would make any sane person coward away.

“You do nots seem too thrilled.” The man raised both of his eyebrows. He slouched his shoulders slightly while cocking his head to the side, as if to analyze Karlme further.

He didn’t look at him. “I am, but do nots believing in your choice of fighting.”

The man seemed to take offense to that when he stopped in front of Karlme and glared at him with crossed arms. “Do you nots want my help?”

Karlme sighed. He’s lost all patience for people over the past days and nights and just wanted to find Kelsy and go from there with everything. “I want your help and everyones else’s more than anything,” he explained barely out of a daze and just looked straight ahead. “But you and many others want to fight to go at the court and nots for Kelsy.”

Karlme tried to go around the man, but was pushed back, hard. This made Karlme look up at the man and cross his own arms. “You little Booshundian brat!” The man spat angrily. “The court has done nothings and that girl just happens to have the perfect timing and accuracy.”