Chapter 13

“No!” Ret was forcefully pushed into a windowless and door less room. He fell to the ground hard, but quickly stood up again. He glared at the two men that pushed him. “You guys will be beaten!” He thought quickly, “Killed even!”

                The first man snorted and looked at his partner. “Right, by a child? I don’ts thin’ so.”

                His partner nodded in agreement as they turned to walk back through the wall, chuckling from Ret’s ignorance.  

Ret stood motionless. He had nothing left to say or do. He knew of the room and how powerful it was. The room was meant to block every creature’s powers that were put in there. How something was able to produce so much power was out of every creatures understanding. Even the best psychics and mediums couldn’t figure out how the room worked, but it did and it was used to hold the worst of the worst until the Family and the court came to an agreement of what to do to them. Ret wasn’t going to die, he knew that, but he had no idea how long he was going to be in there for and what Calt was going to do to him after he was taken out. He was scared to know that people have died in the very room because he had seen their lifeless bodies taken out of the room and to who knows where.

He gulped and looked around at anything that could be useful in some way, but there was nothing. The room had nothing, but the bare floor, walls and ceiling that formed it. He slumped down to the floor against a wall and stared at the wall the two men that brought him in there went through.

How could he have been so blind?

He brought his knees up to his chest, wrapped his arms around his knees and laid his head on his knees. Everything happened so fast in less than three weeks.

A tear dropped as he closed his eyes and fell asleep shaking.