Chapter 10

“What now?” Karlme asked, looking down at his mother and Sruck. Their bodies weren’t convulsing anymore which he was grateful for, but they both looked so pale and weak. His mother, knowing how determined and focused she was on not siting by during anything, was just lying on the ground, not even trying to push herself up which frightened him. He looked at Mucka and Kayleb who were just staring at him confused. “What?”

                “You aren’ts even saying anything about the vision,” Kayleb spoke the obvious. Karlme shrugged. “Why?”

                “Its is just a vision of me. Its is nothing important.”

                “Oh! It’s incredibly important as these two people just shared something so powerful with us.” Kayleb nodded as if to agree with himself.

                Karlme looked at him as if he had seven heads. “Can we just get mother and Sruck into the palace and discuss this later, please?”

                “Nos, we—“ Kayleb stopped when Mucka raised his hand.

                “We have to focus on Sruck and his mom for right now,” Mucka said, nodding over to Tesha.

                Kayleb sighed but obediently went over to Tesha and carefully lifted her. Karlme rushed over to help support his mother’s right side as Kayleb got her left.

                “Let’s get inside quickly,” Mucka directed, carrying Sruck like he was a sack a potatoes.

                They quickly made it inside the palace. Mucka continued to walk down the hallway with Kayleb and Karlme following quickly behind him, though struggling to keep Tesha from collapsing to the auburn colored, wood floors. It helped that Mucka had to stop periodically to adjust Sruck in a better position which gave the two of them the chance to catch up.

                They turned down several hallways and passed many guards that gave them curious looks before they finally entered a room with several beds and two men talking to one another. They stopped talking and turned to look at the five of them in shock. The two men rushed over to help Mucka, Karlme, and Kayleb get Tesha and Sruck onto separate beds.

                “What happened?” The taller and redder of the two men asked.

                The three of them looked at each other thoughtfully. There seems to be so many secrets going around now-a-days that they didn’t seem to know who to trust anymore.

                Kayleb sighed and ran a shaky hand through his shoulder-blade length, blonde hair. Of course, he knew he would have to explain everything since Mucka and Karlme didn’t exactly know what was going on. “These two had shared a vision and we were able to seen it.”

                The three of them looked at the two men in front of them, staring at them oddly. The Red-Giant looked at his mate and then back at Kayleb blankly. “The prophesy?” Red-Giant asked cautiously. Something flashed in and out of his eyes too quickly for Karlme to catch on.

                Kayleb nodded as Red-Giant cursed under his breath. The shorter and tanner man bugged out his eyes but nodded in understanding.

                “Let us look at them,” Red-Giant said, approaching the two occupied beds with his mate in tow.

                Kayleb, Karlme and Mucka moved so they could do their job. They pulled the curtains so the three of them weren’t able to see what was going on. Karlme bit his bottom lip nervously and watched Kayleb pace the length of the room. Mucka just stared at the closed curtains.