Chapter 5

The choice of song that night was very peculiar. The moons wanted him to him a slow ballad. Usually they ask for something more upbeat and a more danceable tone. The first few nights they asked for those he didn’t know many so he had to learn them very quickly to keep them entertained and happy, but they were very kind and never minded if he skipped a part or two or switched to a different song of the same tone then back again.

                It was always a calming sensation whenever he would hum to the moons. He would do it every night before bed. His mother thought it was strange, but she learned that it was a helpful measurement. His father on the other hand thought it was the most foolish thing he could do. His father would try to get him out of doing it by doing late night practice in their garden, but he wouldn’t have it.

                He sat on the grass under his favorite Campital tree near the gate and relaxed. His mother would always sit back there with him to just listen. She learned to not question the sensation, but his father would go on and on. He would just sit quietly and listen.

                So, a tone change to something more meaningful was something he wasn’t expecting, but reluctantly he went on. He stared up and watched them spin slowly to the beat of his hum.

                Hmmm.

                Hm, hm, hm ,hm, hmmmm.

                Hmmmmmmm.

                Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

                Is this a good tone for you two? Karlme asked quietly through thought as he hummed and watched awaiting an answer.

                The moons started to spin faster like a ballerina on her last few spin before she finished and took a bow. They slowed down to a complete halt with their most luminescent parts staring at him. Most gorgeous and appropriate for the occasion, Karlme. Yes. They replied through thought in union.

                Karlme continued to hum with a questionable stare up at them. What occasion?

                Their only reply in union again was, its is time.