zachary and tatum | 1

Chapter 1:
Zachary and Tatum
Sunday

"I'm more brilliant than you'll ever be"
-Fifth Harmony (Angel)

The pale twenty year old frantically moved around the small apartment as his roommate did also. The two rushed to get ready and out of the place they called home, before they were considered late to their boss. And from what they knew about their boss is that he hates when you're late. It cuts the amount of time you could be working for him; and getting him money to keep the business up and running. Where they worked, was quite a popular place. Mostly customers being much older adults ranging in their late forties; to young adults that are barely allowed to get in because of how childish they look. It never bothered the younger roommate on what he did for a living. But it sure enough bothered his quiet friend.

"We gotta go now Tate! If not, that's an extra hour. And I can't miss this family dinner tonight" the male known as Zachary called out to his roommate. He ran a hand through his non-styled hair, knowing he could just touch it up the second he gets to his job.

The person Zachary knew as Tatum came from her bedroom, tying her hair up and trying to balance a duffel bag on her shoulder at once. It seemed to stress Zachary out as he watched the unorganized female in front of him.

"I'm coming! I'm coming!" She spoke as she finished tying her hair up. It was a loose messy ponytail, but they didn't care. Tatum snatched her cellphone off a nearby coffee table along with her own set of apartment keys. She looked at an impatient Zachary and nodded to show that she was ready.

He himself nodded with a sigh, as the two exited the make shift home; Zachary being the one to lock the door behind them. The two made it to the rusty elevator, stopping as they seen a sign that has been there one too many times.

Out of Order

"We're definitely in deep shit now" Zachary groaned as he just stared at the silver doors. Tatum rolled her eyes at him, before grabbing his slightly larger hand and dragging him towards the stairs. The two hated the stairs as they were too steep and there were oh so many of them. But not wanting to infuriate their boss anymore, the two sucked up enough courage to carefully descend down the stairs. Them living on the sixth floor and going down to the first.

When finally reaching the main floor, the two friends were out of breath. They had to lean against the greeters desk, to simply control their uneven breathing patterns. And when feeling a buzz vibrate throughout his sweatpants pocket, Zachary knew it was his boss notifying him that both him and Tatum were late for work. Zachary didn't even have the motivation to try and get there anymore. So giving a quick "later" to the man behind the desk, he pulled Tatum along down the street. Their job was only two blocks down from where they lived and occasionally walked slow on purpose.

They even would sometimes stop at the little coffee shop that was only a little ways away, if they decided to leave for work early. Or if their boss ordered them to arrive early and help open the place up.

Tatum pouted as she seen the familiar building come into view. She hated where she worked. It was a place where people took advantage of you even when they can't. No photos, no touching and no buying the employees drinks. But even with the rules, Tatum couldn't help but feel dirty. The feeling of the toxic air touching her smooth lightly tanned skin, was enough for her to almost vomit. Nevertheless she swallowed whatever feelings and thoughts she had about the place and did what she needed to do to gain money.

"Hey Evan" Zachary smiled as the two walked past the known security guard. He may be short, but he for sure can put up a fight.

"Oh, he's mad at you two. This is the third time this week" Evan replied as he walked with the two through the empty strip club.

"Sorry we actually have lives outside of this gross place" Zachary laughs as Tatum just nods along. The three stopped outside of the locker rooms, which was behind an employee's only door.

"Tell it to the big guy. You guys get ready, I'll start opening this place up" Evan finished as he gave them one last grin, before walking off. Zachary and Tatum nodded at his words, before entering the locker rooms altogether. They could see a few of their other fellow employees already getting prepared for the night ahead of them. Zachary walked confidently while Tatum trailed behind him like a lost puppy.

Even if she was older, she still acted like she was five and beginning her first day in kindergarten.

Scared and shy.

The two approached their lockers to see two of their other friends doing whatever to make themselves look presentable. Yeah, all of the strippers acted as a big family; but a certain four held a bond that could never be broken.

Those four being Zachary, Tatum, Daniel and Gabriela.

"Lookin' good Seavey" Zachary smirked as he slapped the other's bottom half. Daniel immediately stood up straight, no longer finding the need to search for whatever article of clothing or item he needed. Instead the other looked at Zachary with a small pout. Almost instantly the younger knew something was wrong.

"Is it your house again?" Zachary wondered. Daniel sighed as he let out a small "yeah." He even took out an eviction notice from his own bag and handed it to Zachary. Both Zachary and Tatum gasped at the sight.

"You can always still live with us. It'll be less space, but better than you living on the streets soon" Tatum speaks as she went over to Daniel, pulling him into a side hug.

"No. I don't want to invade."

"I keep saying he can live with me and my family" Gabriela eventually spoke up herself, as she put on a bright red lipstick. Her lips popped as she turned to face the other three.

"But then I know your parents are going to look at me funny" Daniel took a deep breath in. "I just need to figure something out in thirty days or less" he snatched the notice back from Zachary and stuffed it back in his bag, covering it with the spare clothes he has.

"Alright everyone! Take your places! Tessa and Erika you're on first. Alissa and Eben you're next" the familiar voice of their money hungry boss Logan shouted in the locker room before disappearing.

"Another day..." Gabriela sighed as she took a seat on a bench, placing her thigh high heeled boots on.

~

This just started so don't be mad that it's lame. Be...glad.

-Nevaeh