like | 18

Chapter 18:
Like [D.S]
Wednesday - Day 23

"And you deserve to hear them a thousand times"
-Why Don't We (8 Letters)

It was nearing the end of the month, and Daniel found himself more attached to Corbyn than ever. The faux blonde doesn't think he's been in a room alone for more than five minutes; before Daniel would pop up and start showing him endless love and affection. The brunette understood what would happen the second that thirty-first day would approach. Daniel and his friends would be shoved back into that disgusting club and forced to move their bodies around for others. At first Daniel didn't really have a problem with swaying his hips for different people. He actually quite enjoyed it. But now that he was finally free from such dungeon, he finally understands how gross the place was. He doesn't have the constant smell of alcohol surrounding him, and he most certainly doesn't have a large supply of men staring him down as if they were ready to pounce.

But then again, Daniel doesn't want to go back just because he was forced to. Corbyn had done nothing but be sweet to him. Corbyn had made him experience a different view point on emotions. It wouldn't be until the faux blonde would return from work, would Daniel perk and his happiness be fulfilled. He loved seeing the other. And every time he was allowed to, he couldn't help but gawk at how beautiful Corbyn really was. He was everything Daniel could ever want. He knows that he's nothing to the other though. Never was. Just someone to fix his needs whenever.

The thought really pained Daniel. His face fell into a frown as he dropped his head down into the palm of his hand as he scanned over a magazine. The adorable maid, named Pam was beside him cleaning whatever she felt necessary; or that was until she noticed Daniel's distressed state and stopped. She dropped her rag beside his magazine, snapping Daniel from his raging thoughts and look up at her. A light grin tugged at his lips, her seeing right through it.

"What's wrong Daniel?" She wondered as she took a seat beside him. Daniel faced her with a look of confusion. She grabbed hold of his hands and squeezed them lightly for reassurance.

"Nothing Pam. I'm just fine" she didn't look too convinced. Maybe it was because she already had three children at home who lie constantly. "Really. Just a little anxious for next week."

Her face lit up.

"Next week you go home" she mumbled, making Daniel nod. "Oh, Daniel. Do you not want to go home?"

Daniel dropped his head as he shook it to say no. His grip on her hands tightened as he could feel tears form in his eyes. She brought a hand to his chin and lifted his head so they were once again looking at each other. She placed the same hand on his cheek, caressing it lightly.

"Sweetie, just tell him. I don't think he plans on letting you go that easily anyway" Pam then stood to her feet, a small smile stretching across her face. Daniel stood as well, staring at her with wonder. She giggled at his expression. "He loves you too much to just toss you."

Daniel's eyes widened as he began to smile as well.

"He loves me?" It was whispered, but Pam heard and nodded. She winked before grabbing her rag and walking out of the room. Daniel felt his heart speed up as his hands turned clammy. He couldn't keep the smile from his face as he thought about Corbyn. Maybe if he confessed his own feelings to the faux blonde, then he would have a chance? It sounded like a plan. And that plan would be fulfilled the second Corbyn gets home.

And the sound of the door opening, along with a familiar voice speaking, Daniel bounced in his spot. He spotted Corbyn standing at the door with a smile and focus on his phone, making Daniel immediately run up and tackle him into a hug. The faux blonde obviously wasn't prepared, forcing the two to stumble. Daniel pampered his face with small kisses, Corbyn laughing at the sudden affection.

"Woah, woah, woah. What's up with you, angel? I'm getting unneeded attention" Corbyn managed out, holding Daniel in his arms. The brunette didn't say anything, as he was trying to figure out a way to word his sudden feelings for the older. But before he could speak his mind, Corbyn's phone had gone off. "Give me one second, okay?"

Daniel nodded, allowing Corbyn to take his call and walk away. He bit his lip in anticipation. He would just have to wait a little longer. But that little bit had turned out to be a few hours. And before Daniel even knew it, he was being shoved in the car and on his way to where Corbyn worked for some party. The faux blonde didn't really specify why the party was being held. He just explained that it was for his boss. It was enough information to make Daniel dress appropriately. Dress pants and shoes, a white shirt with the first few buttons undone, and his hair neatly swept to the side. He looked amazing and it took everything in Corbyn to not devour Daniel right then and there.

Eventually when the two did approach such large building, the two had gotten out elegantly, Daniel clutched to Corbyn's arm as the faux blonde was allowed in effortlessly. A few people stopped to stare, but it was clear that Corbyn could care less. He guided Daniel towards a door that had the words meeting room labeled across it. He pushed open the large brown doors, Daniel walking in first before Corbyn had trailed not too long after.

"Ah, Corbyn's here! Another one of my trusty employees!" The boss man, David spoke loudly with a smile. A waitress approached the two with champaign, before walking away and serving someone else.

"I'll be right back, alright?" Corbyn mumbled to Daniel; the brunette only able to give a head nod, before the faux blonde was being forced over to his boss by a few other co-workers. Daniel shifted in his shoes anxiously, before he was being bombarded by his three friends.

"Don't worry, they ditched us too" Gabriela spoke as she rolled her eyes and motioned towards the small crowd that was being held in front of the room. There stood their four respected partners smiling and having a great time.

"Do you think they'll get rid of us?" Daniel suddenly blurts. His friends looked at him in surprise. "I mean the end of the month is right around the corner. In no time we'll be back in that hell hole of a job."

"Daniel..." Tatum trailed as she placed a hand on his shoulder. The brunette looked at her with worry.

"They'll probably bring us back and forget who we are immediately after" his voiced cracked. "I don't wanna go back."

"It's okay. Even if they do decide to dump us, we still have each other. We can scream fuck them before getting wasted" Zachary decided, causing a small giggle to escape the others' mouths.