daniel and gabriela | 2

Chapter 2:
Daniel and Gabriela
Sunday

"I've been cold, I've been merciless"
-Jaymes Young (I'll Be Good)

A twenty two year old exited his small home. And when he looked back at the door, he had seen a white sheet of paper on it. He quickly yanked it off, scanning the printed words that were displayed for him. His features instantly twisted as he understood that it was an eviction notice. He was either supposed to pay the high billed rent or pack his belongings and move out within thirty days. He was only in this mess, because he has been pushing back when he should pay the right amount of money. That bill increasing each time.

He keeps on making up random excuses.

And it's just that he hasn't been making a great amount of cash like he used to. The place he works out was slowly dying. People rarely show up anymore, as the place was beginning to get too tacky.

And no customers means no money.

Of course his boss explained that he was bringing professionals in to maybe help bring the place back to how lively it was before. The male known as Daniel just doesn't know when those professionals are going to show. If it's not soon, Daniel could kiss his house goodbye.

The house wasn't anything too special. A small two bedroom, one bathroom house. Something a couple would buy for their first house together. Daniel loved it though. It made him feel cosy and at home. Even if his parents did live a little ways away.

Daniel groaned as he ran a hand through his styled hair. He stuffed the sheet of paper into his duffel bag as he stalked down the few stairs that led from his front porch to the sidewalk. He took his keys from his jeans pocket, pushing a button to unlock the average sized blue car. He had gotten into the drivers side, throwing his bag in the back. And when actually relaxing in his seat, he dropped his head against the steering wheel in irritation. He wasn't cut out for the world yet.

He should have known he wasn't when he barely passed through his four years of college. He doesn't even work in the department he went to school for. Music. He always wanted to play it, sing it. But instead he dances to it. It made him feel gross, as all these hormonal adults laid their hungry eyes on him. It was the same way Tatum feels about the job. But nevertheless he takes a simple anxiety settling pill, before bringing himself up on stage.

Daniel drove down the long streets of his quiet and clean neighborhood to eventually turn down a corner that held a different scene. It was loud, broken down apartments, with people of all ages waking up and down the trashed sidewalks. Daniel kept his eyes ahead of him as he turned into a driveway, honking the horn. He caught the attention of a few, but those people shook it off and went back to their business. The brunette waited patiently for his friend Gabriela to exit her home. And when she did, Daniel let out a small breath.

He watched her move from her front porch to beside Daniel in the passenger seat. Gabriela threw her own bag in the back, before smiling at the other sitting next to her.

"You look upset today" Gabriela spoke as Daniel backed out from his spot; making sure not to hit any civilian that randomly popped up. He never said a word as the two continued their drive to their shared job. And it wasn't until they made it to the familiar building that Daniel finally let out a sigh.

"I'm getting evicted."

Gabriela instantly stopped walking and looked at Daniel in shock and sadness. She dropped her bag and gave him a hug.

"I've told you multiple times that you can always stay with me. You can bunk with my uncle. His room is larger than my parents', and it's their house!" Gabriela exclaimed, eventually breaking the hug.

"No offense but I rather not. I met your uncle and he isn't the cleanest of people. Plus your mom always looks at me weird. I don't know if it's true, but I swear she's always staring me down like a hawk" Daniel replied, making the two laugh a little. Gabriela grabbed his hand, guiding the two towards the back entrance for employees to enter. They seen Evan and smiled.

"Well if you change your mind, the option is always open" Gabriela smiled. Daniel nodded, allowing her to enter the the locker room first. They were met with the sounds of movement from their other co-workers. Daniel and Gabriela walked towards their own personal lockers, seeing what outfit they were supposed to wear tonight. Apparently the theme was devils and angels. So while Gabriela got an outfit that went with the colors red and black; Daniel had gotten the plain color white with a few splashes of silver.

"We did this theme last week" Daniel complained with a huff. Gabriela giggled at his words.

"It's the theme that gets us the most cash though."

Daniel rolled his eyes, bending down to grab whatever he was supposed to wear. It was something simple. A white hoodie crop top, that had silver wings imprinted on the back; white high waisted shorts; and white knee high boots. He added his own flare by adding a few silver bracelets, a skinny diamond choker and a few sparkly rings to align his skinny fingers. He even asked a fellow employee named Alissa to put a little bit of glitter on his face. He never really liked wearing make up, as it would just smudge off from his sweat; so he wore small amounts. It was really only just a bright highlighter and little diamonds that went under his eyes. And if his outfit was too bland he would ask for a thin layer of lipstick.

Daniel went back to his locker, trying to find his lucky necklace, when he felt a slap on his lower half. He instantly stood to his feet, trying his hardest to hold back whatever pleasure he felt from that. He looked to see that it was Zachary and Tatum right behind him.

"Lookin' good Seavey."

He wanted to smile, but at the sight of the two he pouted.