1 | black coffee

Via's POV
6:59 am | Starbucks

i tie the apron around my lower back making sure it is tight enough. my tag rests on my chest reading: valencia.

i hate my full name. it's weird. people that know me call me via or v, for short.

i walk out of the staff room and towards the register. the long line of people waiting for coffee at seven in the morning makes me nauseous.

almost forty-five minutes later the coffee rush hour is over and the long line is gone. the shop is dead except for a few people sporadically placed here and there.

i walk around the counter area examining all the drink ingredients, making sure there is enough.

the sound of the bells jingling at the front means someone has arrived. i dreadfully wall back over to the register, ready for their order.

"hi, welcome to starbucks. what can i get you?" i say looking up.

i shift my gaze to the person in front of me. i'm greeted by a pair of brownish-hazel eyes. the most gorgeous hazel eyes i've ever seen.

god, this guy is a fucking masterpiece.

his jawline could cut metal and his hair. god, his hair; the way it sways to the side, effortlessly.

"hi, um, could i get a regular black coffee, nothing in it, please?" his voice was created by god himself; so smooth and deep.

"alrighty," i reply immediately face palming.

alrighty? really, via? that's the best i got? i hate myself.

"can i get a name for this?" i ask shyly trying to hide my face as we make eye contact.

he smirks, "ethan."

i type his information into the register and he pays.

once his drink is done i slip a lid on and take it to the pick up counter.

"ethan." i say looking around for him.

he's scrolling through his phone, lightly chuckling. at the mention of his name his head shoots up and he walks towards me.

i blush as our hands slightly touch when i hand him is coffee.

"you're kinda cute," he says smirking.

i'm a tomato. i swear.

"uh thanks. enjoy," i say as he starts to slowly walk away.

welp. three more hours.

AUTHORS NOTE:
hey bitchessss. i'm backkkkk. gonna write this one and i mean i might finish it lol.
vote & comment feedback!!
-ella

(edited)