5 | night, v

Via's POV
12:04 am | hospital

  my eyes slowly flutter open to see cora holding my hand. my head pounds and my vision is still a little blurry.

  "hey, v," her voice soothes my headache. "how are you?"

  i smile lightly. "i'm fine."

  my voice comes out raspy and i clear my throat. that's when i see the head full of dark brown hair sitting on the other side of me.

  he notices my stare and chuckles a little.

  "i'm ethan," he says holding out his hand.

  i look at his hand and hesitantly bring my hand up to meet his.

  "i know," i blurt quickly causing my cheeks to heat up. 

  "via," i reply, shaking his hand and smiling as if the previous events hadn't even happened.

  our eyes lock and his stare sends shivers down my spine. i look away and clear my throat. he let's go of my hand leaving it cold.

  "uh, how you feeling?" he asks nervously.

  he's pretty cute. the little dimples that show up when he smiles. his eyes are this shade of brown and green mixed. they're beautiful.

  "i'm good. thanks for...you know, helping me," i say looking down at myself in the hospital bed.

  i turn back to cora and she smiles cheekily at me. i give her a 'tone it down' look and she eases up.

  "can you go get me food? and not from here. hospital food sucks," i ask as she rolls her eyes and looks at her phone.

  "fine," she stands up rubbing her hands on her thighs. "what do you want?"

i really want some chick-fil-a but the closet one is half an hour away. and nothing against ethan but he is kinda intimidating, and really hot. but that's beside the point: i would be alone with him for like an hour.

"uh, chick-fil-a? and can you grab me clothes from home? all i have is my dress."

she groans and i smile widely.

"v, that's like thirty minutes away," she says walking towards the door.

i nod as she opens it and glares at me.

"i love you!" i yell right before she shuts the door.

  i hear ethan chuckle next to me and i remember he's there. i turn to face him and give him a cheeky smile.

  "uh, via, if you don't mind me asking," he looks at me and i nod my head, signaling for him to continue. "what happened back at the club?"

  "all i remember was going to get cora and she had three different heads," i chuckle lightly thinking about it. "then everything else is a big blur."

  "well i remember seeing you across the club. you were being dragged out onto the dance floor by cora," he pauses connecting our eyes. "then i saw you go back towards the bar and i was interrupted by my brother being annoying."