23 | errands

Via's POV
12:00 am | dolan's household

"so i've been thinking," i say twirling ethan's hair in my fingers, his head nuzzled down by my stomach. "maybe we should move here."

ethan's head shoots up and his eyebrows scrunch together. "what do you mean? we just bought an apartment in california."

"i know but i don't want to intrude on your parents for forever. and i also don't want your parents to miss the birth of their grandchildren," i argue. "plus we both know you're happier here."

ethan and i had been living with lisa and sean for the past couple of weeks. lisa insisted that she didn't mind but i felt bad. but i also knew that if we went back to california before the twins were born, lisa and sean would miss it.

he snuggles back into my belly wrapping his arms tightly around my waist. "i don't know, v. what about your brother and cora? what about grayson?"

"why'd you and gray move out to california anyway?" i ask, avoiding that particular question.

he sighs. "we'd thought it would be fun, you know. everyone hypes up california, and don't get me wrong it was a blast but after a while the things we once enjoyed kinda got boring. here in jersey everything always seems fun. me and gray still swim in the river down the street for fun whenever we come back."

i run my fingers through his hair trailing down to his jawline. "exactly, so let's move here."

ethan looks up at me with an are-you-serious face. "baby, that's a big move. you've grown up in cali you're whole life."

"i know," i start, pausing. "and i'm willing to change things up a bit."

he shakes his head and chuckles a little. "you are something else, valencia."

i scrunch my face together. "you know i hate it, you ass."

"hey, watch your language i have my kids in here," he says placing his hands on my stomach and kissing it below my belly button. "you guys don't listen to your mommy. she says some pretty bad things."

i smack his head and he flinches a little before laughing.

he kisses my stomach once more before cuddling up next to me, my head in the crook of his neck.

"i love you," he says while pecking my neck.

  "i love you too," i whisper before slowly drifting off to sleep.

the next morning

  i roll over to an empty spot in the bed. my eyes shoot open noticing that ethan isn't here. instantly, i calm down when i hear the shower running in the bathroom. it shuts off and i stand up, the oversized shirt falling to my thighs.

  ethan opens the door walking out in nothing but a white towel and starts digging through our suitcase. he grabs a t-shirt and some ripped jeans, putting them on and then turning around. his eyes widen and he jumps a little.

  "gosh, you scared me," he says coming closer to me and wrapping his arms around my waist.

  he places a kiss on my lips and i put my hand on the back of his neck to keep his lips on mine longer. he pulls away and smiles down at me.

  "i have to go do something but you can stay here with my mom and start on planning for the baby shower," he says, pecking my lips again and leaving the bedroom.

  i throw on a pair of joggers and walk out of the bedroom towards the kitchen.

  lisa's sat at the breakfast bar sipping on her coffee. "good morning, via."

  i smile and reply back, "good morning."

  "so i've been thinking about doing the baby shower here in a few weeks, of course," she says rambling on about the baby shower. "it'd be just like the reveal except you'd be receiving items for the baby."

  i nod my head. "that sounds perfect. you wouldn't mind if coralline helped would you?"

  she shakes her head. "of course not! bring her over and me and her can get to planning."

  i laugh at lisa's enthusiasm. "so i was talking to ethan last night and i'm thinking we might move out here."

  lisa's eyes widen and she squeals. "really?! didn't you guys like just buy an apartment in cali, though?"

  i shrug my shoulders. "yeah but honestly i like it better out here anyway. and all of you guys are out here and i would hate for you guys to miss the twins' birth."

  she nods, understanding. "well whatever you guys choose i hope it makes you both happy."

  "speaking of ethan, where did he go?" i ask remembering he left this morning without a word.

  "him and gray went to go run some errands," she says standing up and dumping the rest of her coffee down the sink.

  "have you and ethan thought about names?" she asks quickly changing the subject.

  my mind soars with things that ethan and gray could be doing. i shake it off and try not to worry, answering her question instead.

  "um, yeah we talked about a few," i say my thoughts still eating me up.

  "aw, what are the names?" she asks.

  "ethan wants to keep them a secret till they are born."

  she frowns. "well i can't wait till these little munchkins are here."

  i giggle and nod my head. "me either."

  the front door opens and ethan's laugh booms as he walks closer towards the kitchen. i smile at the sound of his laugh; so pure and whole.

  his hands land on my shoulders and he rubs them. "how are my beautiful babies?"

  "they're good," i say tilting my head back to look at ethan. he kisses my lips.

  "good, i'll be right back," he says turning on his heel and leaving the kitchen. he darts up the stairs and towards his bedroom, leaving me with gray and lisa.

  gray glances at lisa and lisa shakes her head. what the hell is going on?

a/n: whoop!!!!! who can guess it cause i bet you canttttt (note the sarcasm) k byeee love you and THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 1K READS YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST ILY
vote & comment!!
-el

(edited)